activation taking awhile...

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I'm also waiting for that confirmation email. Oh well, out to dinner sans iPhone.

Of course, they didn't waste any time deactivating my old sim. ;)

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I hope the guy at the activation number is wrong, because he told me that the email I received saying it would take AT LEAST 24 hours was accurate.

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Yes, I am porting a number. Now I'm not saying the guy I talked to knew what he was talking about, but I asked him if I could get through quicker if I just got a new number instead of porting. He said it would probably be worse, because I would be kicked back further into the activation que.

?

Jun 29, 2007
Los Altos Hills, CA
Patience is a virtue

I believce they are overwhelmed at present.

so this sucks, go through, to activate the phone, and it gets to a point after all the info's entered etc and then it says "this could take up to 6 minutes to activiate etc" well, it took more then 6 minutes, then went to a screen saying " check your email because we need more time to activate your phone etc" which wouldn't bother me to bad, if i could play with the phone, but u cant get past the first screen where it tellls u to activate the phone.....so now i have ot sit here and wait for the email and i cant even play with my new Toy!:mad:

ennbr

Jun 16, 2007
I'm in the same boat waiting for Email. I only hope the email they sent was incorrect it stated the transfer won't happen for 24 hours from today.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes, I am porting a number. Now I'm not saying the guy I talked to knew what he was talking about, but I asked him if I could get through quicker if I just got a new number instead of porting. He said it would probably be worse, because I would be kicked back further into the activation que.

?
I was told by an AT&T rep that it may take awhile to port a number from another carrier. He told me to contact my former carrier and to make sure that I had no passwords or locks to prevent porting my existing number to a new phone. I tried, and my old carrier said there was no request to transfer the number, yet.

One other thing - I skipped over the password request for transferring the number. I don't think I can return to that and fill in the proper password. That might be holding me up.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
My online activation attempt failed because I get a discount for being a Government employee. I am on hold for the businesss center so they can remove it. After I get activated they will put it back on.
Interesting, I had an old company discount on mine and it just gave me a screen saying you can't have a discount on the phone and it let me continue.

1 hour 30 minutes plus and I am just replacing a phone on my current plan

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
is the email just for notification or do you have to click on a link to activate? This SUCKS

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Still no joy in mudville. Guess I got to go to ATT in the morning.