Adobe Flash Player support on iPhone, iPad?

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
No, iPad can't play Flash video directly, if you jailbreak the iPad, then it's OK.
Or else you'll need to convert the Flash video to iPad compatible formats.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
No flash for normal iPads, one of the first sites I tried to view the day I got my iPad was flash....didn't expect that to bite me so quickly lol.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There's an app called Skyfire that works for some flash media content, but it's very hit-or-miss.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Flash is a dying technology anyway. Even the latest version of Android (ICS) doesn't support it (though Adobe swears they will release it for ICS). Adobe has already stated they are not going to support Flash on mobile devices anymore but rather focus on tools to convert Flash content to native mobile formats. Sorry, I know this doesn't help you, just thought I would throw it out there as an FYI ;)

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
There is flash for the iPad as stated above, not all of the apps support all of the flash content on websites. Skyfire is one as mentioned, another is Puffin and you do not have to be jailbroken. There are other methods also, there is a good article on imore.com.

jbjints

Feb 14, 2009
There doesn't seem to be much available as far as a flash player other than Skyfire and Cloud Browse. Is that about right as far as flash players go for the iPad3?

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
I am using Photon flash browser. Similar to Skyfire and others.. Just another option for you to check out.