Agile Messenger vs. Beejive

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I can only speak for BeeJive and I've been very impressed with it. It took them a few days to get the kinks worked out of the servers with push, but everything seems to be chugging along great now. Pushes come in as quickly as an IM comes on the desktop and the client has very few bugs. I highly recommend it.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Beejive just released an update 3.0.1.9. It's fixed a lot of issues and is working a WHOLE lot better! They've also added send video support for the 3GS.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm using AIM because it's the best free IM app with push. But, the one thing I don't like about it is that when I get the push preview and hit "View" it takes a while for the app to come up.

How is the overall snappyness of Beejive (e.g. opening app, flicking through things)?

Carla

Aug 29, 2007
I really like Beejive. I use it way more than SMS now. The notifications come through almost instantly and the app opens quickly.

Diya

Jun 15, 2009
Indiana
I personally have only tried Beejive... and I like it except for the fact that when I log into gtalk, and then log out some time later, I remain visibly "online" indefinitely to all my friends! One of my friends told me the other day that I'm ALWAYS shown as being online, and even worse, "available" long after I've logged out. This seems to be a well-known bug in Beejive that has been around for a while and still isn't fixed in their latest update. I'm not sure if it affects everyone trying to use gtalk, or just some. Aside from this one issue, I haven't seen anything else wrong with the program but for me this is pretty major because I'm a big gtalk user :( I paid $9.99 for it, though, so I'm gonna hold onto it in the hopes that they work out this bug in one of their future updates...

FYI, IM+ with push is on sale for $4.99 until their next update. Maybe this will help you make your decision :laugh2:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I personally have only tried Beejive... and I like it except for the fact that when I log into gtalk, and then log out some time later, I remain visibly "online" indefinitely to all my friends! One of my friends told me the other day that I'm ALWAYS shown as being online, and even worse, "available" long after I've logged out. This seems to be a well-known bug in Beejive that has been around for a while and still isn't fixed in their latest update. I'm not sure if it affects everyone trying to use gtalk, or just some. Aside from this one issue, I haven't seen anything else wrong with the program but for me this is pretty major because I'm a big gtalk user :( I paid $9.99 for it, though, so I'm gonna hold onto it in the hopes that they work out this bug in one of their future updates...

FYI, IM+ with push is on sale for $4.99 until their next update. Maybe this will help you make your decision :laugh2:
You know that you have to sign out before you close Beejive right? It always keeps you logged in unless you do that.

Diya

Jun 15, 2009
Indiana
You know that you have to sign out before you close Beejive right? It always keeps you logged in unless you do that.
I thought I mentioned clearly that I sign out first. The issue is not being online when I want to be active in Beejive... the issue is that long after I've signed out of every account AND close Beejive, I'm still visibly online in gtalk. It's something you would never even notice unless one of your friends tells you you've been online for the last 3 days straight :(

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Does Beejive have any extra features that IM+ doesn't have? I've been using IM+ for awhile now and its very stable. It's one of my fav apps, but I keep hearing the Beejive is the best. What about Beejive makes it better than IM+?

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
Beejive vs. AIM and IM+

I've never tried the paid version of IM+, but compared to the free versions of either IM+ or AIM, Beejive is a real leap forward in IM technology.

What I haven't seen mentioned here is the reply bubble. I really like how it functions and the font isn't so tiny that you make mistakes and you can also see more of the outgoing message.

Beejive also makes it very quick to switch between a large number of IM conversations. Just tap at the top of the screen and your contact's profile pictures appear. Compare this to swiping through conversations in IM+ (which admitidly I wish Beejive had).

Beejive supports multiple statuses and away messages.

Finally, the inbox (or "chats") portion of Beejive is far superior to either competing program. It provides a preview of the last incoming messages and also shows the status and profile picture of the sender.

I'd say it's worth the money if you do any sort of IMing, serious or otherwise.