iPhone 7 AirPods Question

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
At first I wasn't interested in these, but they have grown on me. My friend is against them and brought up a lot of points that everyone has been saying about them. The tech in them is amazing but there are other solutions that cost less on Amazon but they don't have the tech that Apple has.

Funny enough, I'm not concerned about loosing them :cool:. Weird, I guess I should be but I think they'll stay secure. Here is a video I watched about them:

I'm more concerned about the way my music will sound through them. If it sounds as good as the regular earpods then ok. Some reviewers are saying they have a noise cancelling ability. .

Now, I'm waiting for Apple to just release them already. :laugh2:

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I don't know if I'll be buying these. I like the tech behind them just not the aesthetics. Getting tired of Apple rehashing the same design. I don't like the way they look once they are on the ear but I do like how they work and interact with Apple products.
Have to agree, they are quite ugly imo...but I'm on the fence because they integrate well with everything...decisions decisions.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
FINALLY! Tomorrow Apple is having an even entitled "Hello Again"! They will be revealing new hardware MacBook Pro's, iMac as well as other things. One more thing.....The new AirPods will be talked about and finally available on Friday from what I read.

Info on the event:
https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/19/apple-october-event-official/
http://www.inquisitr.com/3640607/airpods-and-new-imac-to-release-at-apple-event-this-week/

I'm ready to order ASAP to be picked up at my local Apple store or shipped to me. YAY!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: imutter and Rafagon

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
FINALLY! Tomorrow Apple is having an even entitled "Hello Again"! They will be revealing new hardware MacBook Pro's, iMac as well as other things. One more thing.....The new AirPods will be talked about and finally available on Friday from what I read.

Info on the event:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3640607/airpods-and-new-imac-to-release-at-apple-event-this-week/

I'm ready to order ASAP to be picked up at my local Apple store or shipped to me. YAY!! :ROFLMAO:
iMac isn’t ready yet, last I heard, according to that Kuo analyst guy. Let me see if I can find where I read it and I’ll add the link.

Update: Found it. http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/22/kuo-october-2016-mac-predictions/

Reactions: Sharunda

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Reactions: Rafagon

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007

Info on the event:

Thanks Sharunda!! I've been waiting on those!! Does anyone know the process for ordering them? Will they announce an ordering date like the iPhone and make us on the east coast get up at 3am? LOL!! Probably!! Cheers!!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Thanks for the link! I NEED A NEW iMAC but have no $ for it right now anyway. It's good to know one is on the horizon though. (y)
You and me both, friend. My iMac is the “Late 2009” model. I drool when I see those nice thin modern Macs. And I’d give my appendix for one with a 5K display.

I’m thankful now that I decided to splurge and I went with the model with the Core i7 at 2.8 GHz.

Here’s the basics on my model. By the way, this screenshot is from a nifty little application called Mactracker. It’s also available on iOS to keep you entertained in the comfort of your own bed when you’re trying to get some sleep.
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.09.50 AM.png

Reactions: Sharunda

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks Sharunda!! I've been waiting on those!! Does anyone know the process for ordering them? Will they announce an ordering date like the iPhone and make us on the east coast get up at 3am? LOL!! Probably!! Cheers!!
I'm thinking it will be available on the Apple Store App and online probably after their presentation.

LOL@ getting up at 3am to order these. That would be preposterous! LOL!! :ROFLMAO: But hey, they better not do that to us! :eek: Nah, I highly doubt it. Nevertheless, I'll be watching the presentation and keeping my apple store App open, as well as, the web site. Personally, I'd like to get them at the store on Friday if that's possible. LOL! I am tired and sick of the Lightning earbuds. They are faulty and it's waaay time for wireless! I'm all in!! :laugh2:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
You and me both, friend. My iMac is the “Late 2009” model. I drool when I see those nice thin modern Macs. And I’d give my appendix for one with a 5K display.

I’m thankful now that I decided to splurge and I went with the model with the Core i7 at 2.8 GHz.

Here’s the basics on my model. By the way, this screenshot is from a nifty little application called Mactracker. It’s also available on iOS to keep you entertained in the comfort of your own bed when you’re trying to get some sleep.
View attachment 44968
Oh Thanks for the info. I do have that app, but I spare myself the torture of reading the info on all the iterations of the iMac I don't have since 2010! Yes, yes, yes, my iMac is old as dirt and hasn't worked in a year+. I certainly need one of these new ones Apple will be releasing. LOL! A girl can dream! Oh, wait, I can live vicariously through you and your decision to splurge! Nice System man!! Nice! (y)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yes, yes, yes, my iMac is old as dirt and hasn't worked in a year+
It certainly is pretty nice. I have a second monitor (1920x1080 resolution) which is freakin’ fantastic for when you have a lot of windows open. I have two external drives so that my important stuff won’t vanish into smoke if my computer should die (God forbid).

Of course, the spinning hard drive doesn’t really help speed up things… LOL.

I used a Mabook Air and I loved thow fast that thing would go from 0-60 when you turned it on!

You know my iMac also died, a couple of years ago. Luckily, a good friend who knows how to fix computers took it to his place, spent several hours working on it, and replaced the factory 1 TB drive. He literally gave me the replacement 500 GB drive; he did everything pro bono. Stand-up guy.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
GEEZ!!! Just read this:
http://bgr.com/2016/10/26/airpods-release-date-delayed/

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/26/apple-delays-airpod-rollout-don't-expect-them-in-october/

Turns out we might not be able to get our hands on the AirPods as soon as Friday after all!!
BOO!! TIM COOK!!!! :mad: OMG! U just got off the top of the list and now, you're right back up there!

I understand they want to work out the kinks,O_o but c'mon already! Those kinks should have been ironed out smooth as glass by now!:(

Maybe we can at least place an order for future delivery. :cautious:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
U just got off the top of the list and now, you're right back up there!
I’m a bit afraid to ask, but what happens to the people on your list? :)

It’s probably Johnny Ive’s fault. Maybe it’s not the exact freakin’ shade of white that he wants.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I’m a bit afraid to ask, but what happens to the people on your list? :)

It’s probably Johnny Ive’s fault. Maybe it’s not the exact freakin’ shade of white that he wants.
It varies.:cautious:

They know why its happening and their punishment once they are dealt with. :whistle: After.....they can still walk and talk, so that's a plus.(y)

These are the SHADES OF WHITE Johnny has been quibbling over:

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
The adapter that comes with the 7 works great with your existing (wired) earbuds

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Like the tech behind the Airpods just don't like how they look. Waiting for Bragi to released the Headphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
The adapter that comes with the 7 works great with your existing (wired) earbuds
Thanks for that info. I never even considered using the adapter, glad they included it, but wasn't planning on going back to my old earbuds.

Was really looking forward to the AirPods before branching out and getting other wireless earbuds. Just wanted to get my toes wet with what Apple has created for us. :laugh2: AppleHead, I know:love: But Tim Cook is wearing my patience THIN! :(

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Was really looking forward to the AirPods before branching out and getting other wireless earbuds. Just wanted to get my toes wet with what Apple has created for us. :laugh2: AppleHead, I know:love: But Tim Cook is wearing my patience THIN! :(
Well, let’s think about this for a minute. I’m going to assume there’s a tiny lithium ion battery in each of those things. And we know—now more than ever—what lithium ion batteries are capable of when things go sideways.

So do you want to get your AirPods now and risk them exploding in your ear, like a certain smartphone made by a certain company in a certain country in East Asia, or would you like Apple to spend a couple of extra weeks working on them to make sure they’re not deadly weapons? :D

Ears_Are_Burning_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100129-204354-729042.jpg

Photo courtesy of the Internet.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Well, let’s think about this for a minute. I’m going to assume there’s a tiny lithium ion battery in each of those things. And we know—now more than ever—what lithium ion batteries are capable of when things go sideways.

So do you want to get your AirPods now and risk them exploding in your ear, like a certain smartphone made by a certain company in a certain country in East Asia, or would you like Apple to spend a couple of extra weeks working on them to make sure they’re not deadly weapons? :D

View attachment 44981

Photo courtesy of the Internet.
:eek: :( Yes, you've got a point. I don't want my ears to explode! I didn't think of it like that. :sick: Thanks @Rafagon! You have, yet again, shown a light of reasonability on an otherwise undesirable situation. :D What would we, or I, ever do without your voice of logic?!:love: