iPhone 7 AirPods Question

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I agree with Sharunda about the Amazon reviews. And it's not like there are only a few of them. There were like 294 and the average came to 2.9 out of 5. Not very promising, especially at nearly double the price. I suppose I too will wait on the Airpods. Hopefully it'll be sooner than the new year!! Cheers!!
I was skeptical too but I bought them and love them. Reviews are skewed cause typically mostly dissatisfied people will take the time to write a review. If deciding I'd go for the cheaper headphone from Bragi. I have the Dash but ordered the headphone to keep in my laptop bag.

Reactions: Mthoroughbred

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You won't get it any sooner than anyone else through that method. What these sellers are doing is taking preorders on a product that is not yet available. They will preorder them from Apple when they are available for preorder to everyone else and then ship them out to you. You'll get it just as fast (or faster) if you just preorder it yourself.

Reactions: liberated

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm sure Earskinz will make a skin for these so they'll fit better. I've used Earskinz on my EarPods but after about a half an hour they hurt my ears.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Amen!
At this stage, I would only take these if they were free and even then I would sell them (probably to Sharunda LOL) . I cannot imagine wearing these in public.
Eh. I don't care what people think about my choice of headphones. I decided a couple days ago that I'm going to get them for hiking and biking. I've been using regular EarPods up to this point and it will be nice to not have the wires getting it the way. But mainly it's because I had to get a new carrying case to accommodate my Plus, and the phone doesn't fit in it quite right with a wired headset connected.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Eh. I don't care what people think about my choice of headphones. I decided a couple days ago that I'm going to get them for hiking and biking. I've been using regular EarPods up to this point and it will be nice to not have the wires getting it the way. But mainly it's because I had to get a new carrying case to accommodate my Plus, and the phone doesn't fit in it quite right with a wired headset connected.
More power to ya if you're happy (or feel you'll be happy) with them. I personally think they're probably going to be technically awesome, I just can't get past the look of them.

A better looking design in the future and who knows...

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I agree with you, Europa!! I don't really care what they look like. I think it will be really cool w/o wires getting in the way and I really like the case that is supplied with them. I just hope they're going to be released soon!! Cheers!!

Reactions: Europa

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1481317116.517909.jpg

Apple needs to buy Bragi! Bragi nailed the look, fit and the connection between earbuds using near-field magnetic induction. These are only lacking apple's easy and seamless integration with iOS.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I would give Bragi a look, now if you're after the seamless integration with iOS then the airpods may be the best choice for you. I just can't get past the form factor. A baseball cap, beanie or even someone hugging you may be enough to knock those earbuds out of your ear with those sticks hanging down. I wish Apple went with a more compact design.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I would give Bragi a look, now if you're after the seamless integration with iOS then the airpods may be the best choice for you. I just can't get past the form factor. A baseball cap, beanie or even someone hugging you may be enough to knock those earbuds out of your ear with those sticks hanging down. I wish Apple went with a more compact design.
Yeah, I want to stick with Apple. I don't stop to hug people too much when I'm riding my bike. ;)