Am I the only one not using a screen protector?

cindra

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
North Carolina
I have a protector on the back, but naked on the front. Put one on the front once, but couldn't stand the feel of it. On the back it's nice because it makes it a little more grippy, too, and less likely to get dropped.

Reactions: mastsethi

jeffw78

Mar 5, 2011
No protectors on mine. I went nuts with them on the 4. However, the last two months I had it with no protector with no issues and loved the naked screen. Got my 4s, tried one and couldn't stand it. Now my 4s and iPad 2 are naked and love it.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I only use one when I have my Otterbox Defender on my 4S, like today ;)

Next week, I'll probably have my Speck case on, and of course no screen protection...

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I have Invisible Shield on the front and back and the front one is already scratched.... I went to the mall where I bought it from but they didn't have any so I'll have to go back again, most likely this Sunday to get a replacement.

M

msAdele

I am sure you're not the only one. That would be a very rare case. Kidding aside, I suggest that you use one to protect your iPhone from eventual scratches. I actually use one myself, and it does not bother me in any way at all.

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
No screen protector. My 4 year old plays with my phone all the time And it doesn't have any scratches, I think you would have to try to intentionally scratch it to end up with some.
Your brave letting her play with it lol...phone too fragile IMO

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No screen protector or case.
I hate screen protectors, but it feels so vulnerable when I'm not using a case. I think the longest I've gone caseless is three minutes. I'm really gentle about setting it down, and that gets annoying. Not that I slam it down with a case on; I'm just not so gentle with it.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I hate the way the naked screen feels. But I have always had a screen protector. Cases seem to make the phone bulky IMO. I am pretty careful with my phone though. It has taken a beating. I fell right on that side with my phone in my pocket the other day. Hard enough left a little mark on my leg but my phone is fine. I also catch it on the edge of a pool table every week with it in my pocket.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I always use screen protectors. I've used BodyGuardz, Invisible Shield, PhantomSkinz, Steinheil and others. Now that I've tried the SGP Glast (see my review), I won't use another unless I absolutely have to remove it for a case. So far so good. I use a Ballistic case quite a bit and that fits without an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDem

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
SGP Ultra Crystal film on the front and an SGP Carbon Skin Guard on the back. Unless you look really closely at the front facing camera or the earpiece, you cannot tell there is a screen protector on it. Its not a soft, pliable protector like the Zagg so it goes on easy.

I only put it in a case when I go to work on a network in a production environment...the case I have (Incipio NGP matte soft shell) fits right over the back skin guard...otherwise I don't use a case.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I use an SGP Oleophobic Screen protector. It's an awesoem screen protector. Does't change color, doesn't peel and has no texture. It is just like being naked. Feels naked and you can't see or feel it when you use the phone. I only covered my front because the cases I use don't work with a protected back.

playerout

Mar 7, 2012
No screen protection either....but 90% of my friends keep telling me I should buy one... They say the scrolling and the feeling is better....but I HATE the little air bubble that appear (and they appear...eventually...with frequent use)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
No screen protection either....but 90% of my friends keep telling me I should buy one... They say the scrolling and the feeling is better....but I HATE the little air bubble that appear (and they appear...eventually...with frequent use)
I have never ever gotten an air bubble with the SGP screen protector. I have used some in the past that was all about air bubbles during and after the installation. The SGP can and will get air bubbles and or dirt in between while installing if you are not super careful, but you can always take the dirt out and squeeze the air bubbles out before completion and then you have a perfect install.

During the life of the SGP screen protctor I have not contracted air bubbles after.

I think the SGP is a really great product for iPhone screen protection.

playerout

Mar 7, 2012
you know....you are a valid seller :D (kidding of course)...I think you persuaded me to go SGP...
I'll try it and let you know.