Am I the only one not using a screen protector?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
XtBmW.jpg
N6RIA.jpg

I'm using the Glas.t tempered glass screen protector from SPG. Worth every bit of the 28 bucks it cost. It seriously is as good as having no screen protector at all. Feels the same as a naked screen and no loss in responsiveness or looks. I usually refuse to use screen protectors but I am very happy with this.

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
XtBmW.jpg
N6RIA.jpg

I'm using the Glas.t tempered glass screen protector from SPG. Worth every bit of the 28 bucks it cost. It seriously is as good as having no screen protector at all. Feels the same as a naked screen and no loss in responsiveness or looks. I usually refuse to use screen protectors but I am very happy with this.
Do you have that installed on the iPhone5, or is that on previous models?

rgomez

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
I have the Ultra Crystal on my wife's and mine iPhone 5's and it's great. I haven't tried the glas.t like aggieman, but the UC works great for me and doesn't cost as much.

rgomez

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
The screen protectors that are DRY applications, with no solution spray needed, like the spigen sgps, are by far the easiest to put on. I don't even bother with zagg shield-like protectors.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Are you using any type of case? I am curious how this works with a case?
It is slightly more narrow than the screen to allow room for a case. My sure it would interfere with most cases anyhow as it is very thin. I'm using a speck candyshell right now with no issues. Have a Diztronic TPU case coming tomorrow which should work fine as well. The only cases I think it may cause issues with are slider type cases.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Are you using any type of case? I am curious how this works with a case?
Well my Diztronic TPU case came in and it was a no go with the glas.t screen protector. It pushed in tight against the edges of the protector causing it to lift from the screen. If you decide to buy this case chances are you will have to try a case out before you buy one. I'm personally more worried about protecting the screen than the body so I will shop around to find one that works with the screen protector.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It is slightly more narrow than the screen to allow room for a case. My sure it would interfere with most cases anyhow as it is very thin. I'm using a speck candyshell right now with no issues. Have a Diztronic TPU case coming tomorrow which should work fine as well. The only cases I think it may cause issues with are slider type cases.
That's the same case I have. So I should be ok. Thanks for the suggestion.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
That's the same case I have. So I should be ok. Thanks for the suggestion.
The Speck or the Diztronic? Speck works great with the glas.t protector. Diztronic is a no go unfortunately which is a major bummer for me as I've loved their TPU cases on my last few phones. The iPhone 5 one is just as nice and great fitting adding very little bulk. Hate that I won't be able to use it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The Speck or the Diztronic? Speck works great with the glas.t protector. Diztronic is a no go unfortunately which is a major bummer for me as I've loved their TPU cases on my last few phones. The iPhone 5 one is just as nice and great fitting adding very little bulk. Hate that I won't be able to use it.
The speck candyShell. I was worried because of the side lip of the case it wouldn't fit.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I have an SGP front and rear clear protector. Thats it. The back one is nice for the iPhone 5. Its a three piece.

Untitled.jpg

rgomez

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
I have an SGP front and rear clear protector. Thats it. The back one is nice for the iPhone 5. Its a three piece.
Yeah, I can't wait to get my Ultra Crystal Mix. Only have the front protector on right now. Got any pics?

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Here's a pic of the middle up. I had to take a picture in the mirror since I don't have a digital camera. LOL!

The fit is perfect as with every SGP product.

IMG_0055.JPG

Reactions: leggz2di4

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
My brother and me are very careful too, and we don't use screen protector, only have back protector. Well, I like the feeling of fingers directly touch with my Phone.