Am I the only one not using a screen protector?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm really considering the SPG glass front. My case doesn't wrap around the seal around the screen at all, so I think I'd be in the clear.

rgomez

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
Got my sgp ultra-mix (back, front protection) with a bumper that I got on casesinthebox.com and it works just great. It doesn't interfere with the front, back protectors at all.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Screen protectors are overrated, I've had every version of the iPhone since the 2G and sold every version to buy the next gen and never used screen protectors. Guess what, I'm careful with my phone and fortunately never dropped it and my screens were flawless. I think the glass is strong enough, Apple has done a good job there. Now; I've seen women drop their phone in their purse with coins and keys in it like its a makeup box and then whine about how nasty and scratched their iPhone is LMAO

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
James2013 said:
It's a good idea to get one unless you are very careful and don't place it in your pocket with keys or change. After a few months my screen protector was full of scratches from daily use.If I didn't have a screen protector it would have been scratched for sure.It isn't expensive if you look online. Checkout [spam deleted].
Do you own this site? You have brought it up in just about every thread you have posted in for cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

mango44

Bronze
Oct 29, 2012
I really like the way the bare screen feels. I even noticed that it didn't collect finger prints as easily which was a great plus. But since I really don't want my screen to get scratched up, I decided to use a SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophilic screen protector. It installed amazingly because it's not like an ordinary screen protector where it traps bubbles easily. I placed it on my screen and it looked like it melted onto the screen. Although I would have to say that the Oleophilic-ness does seem to wear off for me and my screen now after nearly a year after installation, collects fingerprints pretty horribly. It did come with a 2nd screen protector so I may change it soon. The feel isn't exactly like the natural bare screen, but it's pretty close.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i normally don't rock a screen protector but i just may get this one.

A333West

Feb 7, 2013
I'm surprised by how many people don't use one! I always have. One of the best things about it is if I have greasy fingers (texting while eating potato chips...) I feel better cleaning it off of the screen protector than the actual screen. Always sliding my phone in and out of my pocket has some scratches on the protector, so I'm glad it's not on the actual screen.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I can't imagine not using a screen protector. I'd be worried of getting scratches. I it's toke mine off the back tho. It was pretty hard to get off, was like it was almost melted on.

Sent using my iPhone 5

alicepattinson

Bronze
Feb 3, 2013
Oh my, I really need Screen protector for my iPhone. Maybe because I'm kind of an OC? I'm afraid that my phone will have a lot of scratches. hihi

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I can't imagine not using a screen protector. I'd be worried of getting scratches. I it's toke mine off the back tho. It was pretty hard to get off, was like it was almost melted on.

Sent using my iPhone 5
Oh my, I really need Screen protector for my iPhone. Maybe because I'm kind of an OC? I'm afraid that my phone will have a lot of scratches. hihi
Try Ghost Armor. I have it on my front and back and love it. I posted a review on here too.

AmandaKess

Bronze
Feb 14, 2013
I'm just curious, didn't put one on my iPhone4 or my 4S. I love the feel of the screen without it and I'm careful enough not to need one.
I love the feel of the natural screen, but I've seen far too many broken screens to let mine go without one in good conscious. Even if I never drop it with a case, the one time I do without one could destroy my phone.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I ended up putting one on that you can also take off and wash. I hate it! So many smudges and fingerprints. Didn't like the Zagg either. What is the best that doesn't show smudges but is clear?

Sent using my iPhone 5