I just spent more than an hour on the phone with AT&T. Same story, "Known issue, in work, resolution date unknown, etc." Maybe, but in the meantime I'm not getting what I'm paying for and AT&T apparently has no interest in adjusting my payments. Here are my issues:
- I cannot answer my phone when it rings because I have too many messages to dismiss. Sure, I can call back but is this what you expect from cell phone service?
- If I want to make a phonecall I need to tap "Dismiss" for several minutes before I do so. I counted 228 taps the other day. Ridiculous.
- I'm unable to charge my iPhone at times presumably because the low battery warning message is buried beneath an unknown number of account balance messages. I tried charging with the cradle, without, and USB, no backlight, no sound, no charge, no nothing. Solution: don't use your iPhone for two days and wait for the battery to completely discharge. After this the phone will reset and charge.
- Every ten minutes I get the vibration and audio alert. SMS or useless acount balance info? 99% of the time its the account balance so I don't check and consequently miss messages.
- I receive more than a hundred messages a day. This not only seriously degrades my battery life when the backlight keeps coming on but I can't help but feel that this will wear out my $600 phone's vibrator in a short while.
- Its EXTREMELY ANNOYING! Particularly so for such a state of the art phone.
AT&T gave me a long history of how this came to be, which I have no reason to doubt, but the bottom line is its just noise. Give me what I pay for or solve the problem!
This is utterly unacceptable and needs more coverage.