Any idea when instant watch on Netflix

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
I love Netflix and their Instant Watch streaming service. It's available now on the PC, but what about the iPhone. Will Netflix release an app for the iPhone? I'm concerned that they might not due to Flash. At least, that's a rumor I've heard.

Has anyone heard any positive developments on when Netflix will be available?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I was talking to my brother about netflix on the iPhone 4. I was telling him that you can now watch netflix over 3g and wifi on the iPhone. He didn't believe me that you could watch most of netflix on the iPhone. He was saying you coud only search and save them till you get to a computer or xbox to watch them. Am i right that you can stream and watch them over 3g and wifi on the iPhone?

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I was talking to my brother about netflix on the iPhone 4. I was telling him that you can now watch netflix over 3g and wifi on the iPhone. He didn't believe me that you could watch most of netflix on the iPhone. He was saying you coud only search and save them till you get to a computer or xbox to watch them. Am i right that you can stream and watch them over 3g and wifi on the iPhone?
Yes you are, good sir. You can stream them and all. If you watch on PC or Xbox, you can pick up where you left off on your phone as well. Or vice versa.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Oh this is going to be sweet! I have been wanting to 86 my cable for a while now and this might push me over the edge. Now only if i could get netflix to work in my cars in dash would be another plus!

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
In a way your brother is right. The app is not out yet, so you can't stream it. When it comes out sometime this summer, you should have all the functionality of netflix on the internet

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
In a way your brother is right. The app is not out yet, so you can't stream it. When it comes out sometime this summer, you should have all the functionality of netflix on the internet
That is true but we were talking about when the netflix comes out on the iPhone 4. Oh i can't wait till 6 month from now when everything is out for the iPhone 4 and running smoothly.

CyberData4

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
New York
I wont have to worry about that one. ;)
Until you upgrade your hardware again. Word from AT&T is that unlimited data plans are only going to be honored for ONE hardware upgrade. Next time you re-up, they'll force you to pick from one of the "current" data plans.. :(

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
Until you upgrade your hardware again. Word from AT&T is that unlimited data plans are only going to be honored for ONE hardware upgrade. Next time you re-up, they'll force you to pick from one of the "current" data plans.. :(
Meh, next upgrade LTE should be around, drastically increasing the amount of bandwidth available. I'm not worried.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
CyberData4 said:
That's just wrong. Well I won't have to worry about that for a year then. Maybe two years if Apple does a iPhone 4s like they did with the 3g and 3gs. Who knows.