Anybody else have bad battery life after

GreenMother

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
After updating to 4.3.2 and 4.3.3, my battery life stinks. Anybody else have this problem?

supersonicbaron

Bronze
Oct 26, 2010
Same issue here, used to get at least two days on one charge with moderate use, but after the update to 4.3..3 battery won't last more than a day

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Me too. After updating to 4.3 and forward I noticed considerable drain on battery. Makes me to charge two times a day:(

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
How to go back to 4.3.1? Mine was 4.3.3 jb. I removed the jb to check how it goes. But the drain is the same!(less than one day in normal use). How to go back to 4.3.1 with/without jb?

monte1985

Jul 18, 2007
Well i just got my phone replaced under warranty. Was having a problem with the home button not working . Im sure this is a refurb but i got the phone and charged it and let it run almost til it turned off and seems like excellent battery life compared to my old one . Watched 3 full movies from netflix along with texting and web browsing and game playing . Not much talking though . Here is a pic of the battery life.

Attachments

Elcampnou

Jul 24, 2010
Same here, recently updated from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 & my battery definitely drains a lot quicker since the update. Is it too late to downgrade to 4.2.1?

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Interesting.

I upgraded to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 and immediately jb'd and added a ton of tweaks that I didn't have before, so I assumed that my plummeting battery life was due to the JB tweaks.

I might try downgrading later to see if that helps.

Elcampnou

Jul 24, 2010
I was jailbroken on 4.2.1 & didn't update to 4.3.3 until there was a jb available. With less tweaks than previous my battery is far worse so I don't think it's that, but thanks for your input.

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Then where is the real problem lies? Even without jb battery life is worse! Anybody please help!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe that the problem is how the new 4.3.3 releases app memory. I don't think it always does. This can be said for several previous versions as well. I have some screen shots I have taken that kind of show that unless you reboot your phone every couple days, it keeps tacking on PID's (Process ID's) to your processes.
In my "testing", I keep seeing a crash report. Turns out the Free Memory was causing that because it still "frees up memory for you". LOL - But my initial observation is that for every app you open, the OS gives it a new PID- even if you close it and reopen it. If you could see the PID's after a day or 2 of moderate use, you would see PID numbers in the quadrupedal digits, with regular system processes (the ones that never stop from boot) in the single and double digits.
The one thing that bugs me the most is that When I initially launch free memory, it shows where my current amount of free memory is. This is an iPhone 4. I generally keep my phone "clean" from having a lot of apps open (generally no more that 5-6 at a time) and you would think that the lowest my free memory would read is around 100-120MB. Try 11. Yes, you see that correctly. 11.23 MB this last time, and it's as I have suspected for a long time now. The OS is not properly releasing memory for apps once you have closed them in the task manager. This also explains why the PID's keep climbing.
I really hope that they fixed this bug in iOS5

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Really interesting to know this. I am going to try by rebooting the phone once in a day at least. Let me see. Thanks for the nice info @ hawk. :)