Anybody having problems getting artwork?

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I can't get artwork for new albums lately. I downloaded the new T.I. cd but it won't download the art

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you talking about the iTunes purchased songs? If you purchase the songs through iTunes then the album artwork should be downloaded at the same time. However, if this does not happen then you can try going into iTunes and under the Advanced Tab select "Get Album Artwork". That should fill all of the missing voids.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Not sure if this is related, but music ripped from CDs does not contain the album artwork. You will have to find the artwork on the internet and import it into iTunes.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Yeah I didn't purchase from iTunes. But I didn't purchase any of my music from iTunes and it always downloaded the artwork. But lately it hasn't worked for new albums. It still downloads artwork for older albums though.

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
usually it only automatically gets artwork if the imported song is also sold in iTunes. Need to be sure that the album is named the same as how iTunes sells it. Stuff like Kid Rock (that iTunes does NOT sell) will always have to be added manually.
a GREAT place to get album artwork is http://www.discogs.com
enjoy!

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
Any one know why the album art does not show up on my iPhone but it IS in iTunes, it does this for about half of the playlist I put on my phone.

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Any one know why the album art does not show up on my iPhone but it IS in iTunes, it does this for about half of the playlist I put on my phone.
I had this issue with the artwork I got from non-itunes songs. If you go to the song (not the album view) in iTunes and right click on it, then choose "get info" look at the Artwork tab, you may see it in one song on the album but not all the songs. Just copy and Past the artwork into the Artwork window and you are good to go. For some reason, in iTunes, it knows that it's all part of the same album and shows the artwork, but when it goes to the iPod it has to have the artwork attached to each song, not just in the album view.

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
I had this issue with the artwork I got from non-itunes songs. If you go to the song (not the album view) in iTunes and right click on it, then choose "get info" look at the Artwork tab, you may see it in one song on the album but not all the songs. Just copy and Past the artwork into the Artwork window and you are good to go. For some reason, in iTunes, it knows that it's all part of the same album and shows the artwork, but when it goes to the iPod it has to have the artwork attached to each song, not just in the album view.
Yep that is why, freaking thing, makes no sense. Thanks.

1996blackcat

Aug 20, 2009
I've clicked on get info and checked artwork tab on songs in iTunes and artwork is there but still not copying to iPhone

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Not sure if this is related, but music ripped from CDs does not contain the album artwork. You will have to find the artwork on the internet and import it into iTunes.
Thats not entirely true. Almost 80% of my music is downloaded and like 20% is from iTunes.
For all the albums that i've downloaded most of the time the album artwork is included into the folder with all the mp3 files. Just drag and drop that folder into iTunes and everything should be there. If not, after putting in the music files or folder into iTunes click on advanced at the top of the screen then click get album artwork. iTunes will beable to get the artwork based on the artist name, or album name or its sorting name if its in iTunes.

If iTunes cant find it all all only then will you need to go to google download the image. Go to the album select all the songs and right click get info (or Command + i). Where it says Artwork paste (or drag) the artwork there.

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I have problem getting Artwork. In fact, I am getting wrong artworks! Instead of downloading the artwork for the soundtrack of the hindi movie "New York", it got me "New York Musical". This has happened after iTunes 9. I had downloaded the artwork before with iTunes 8.2 and had no problem. But after home sharing with iTunes 9, Artwork are missing in the new PC and wouldn't download.