Anyone else surprised there is not a line yet...

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I am kinda surprised that no one is waiting outside yet, usually by this time we will hear about people starting to line up, especially in nyc.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
eh, the 3g launch was pretty big since there were no preorders back then, and I think some smaller areas expected a big turn out but it didn't start was early as predicted there. My att store (only one to launch the iPhone in SW OK) hired an off duty police officer from midnight on launch day to close to 'control the crowd' but he told us when we arrived second in line at 4am that even he was surprised that the line started so late.

I actually expect a pretty similar scenario this year. Yes, this phone is MUCH bigger than previous launches, but in this town its just not at the top of too many lists. Ill check around 2 or 3 am since the ATT is just 2 min from my house and if no one shows and by 4 its still a ghost town, ill sit in the parking lot for a while.

Being 8 months pregnant has perks -- Insomnia, which helps in camping out early at events like this, lol.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
well, its so hot and humid here that youd likely perish if you lined up this early before the launch even began! lol. still wonder what the dallas guy was thinking when he decided to camp a week early. he's further south, and a bit hotter than here