ApolloIM hits 1.0

Kipper

Bronze
So far I am very happy with Apollo 1.0. My only complaint, and this is my preference, is that while chatting I don't get that "new message chime" when the person responds back to me "BUT" I do get that "chime" when I am on the homescreen of the iPhone and someone responds. I would like to have the sound on in both situations. Maybe an update will have this if enough people want it. Besides that, I'm a very happy camper.:cool:

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I don't normally say this, but if you search here on the forums this is a topic that has been beaten to death, here and on other forums like Howardforums. mobilechat and apollo both connect using the data connection either wifi or edge, and the send and receive messages through data. If you don't believe me, search or check out the developers websites.

Not trying to be a jerk, I apologize if I have.

TheHitt

Aug 14, 2007
hmm

Ok, I don't post much but I just gotta ask, doesn't it bother everyone that apollo doesn't show buddies status and, mobilechat doesn't show any difference between someone being on, and someone being mobile. Only flick IM does this. I just wish they at least did that you know?
LMK if I am doing something wrong, or maybe most don't care about status?

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
I don't normally say this, but if you search here on the forums this is a topic that has been beaten to death, here and on other forums like Howardforums. mobilechat and apollo both connect using the data connection either wifi or edge, and the send and receive messages through data. If you don't believe me, search or check out the developers websites.

Not trying to be a jerk, I apologize if I have.
its ok .. i kinda lost my temper the other day when someone asked for the 10,000th time if we knew when the iTunes wifi update was coming. it can be frustrating and i wish people would search more before making a thread.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Ok, I don't post much but I just gotta ask, doesn't it bother everyone that apollo doesn't show buddies status and, mobilechat doesn't show any difference between someone being on, and someone being mobile. Only flick IM does this. I just wish they at least did that you know?
LMK if I am doing something wrong, or maybe most don't care about status?

Apollo 1.0 does show buddy status and you can read the away message. My issue is I have a few people on my list who like to write novels on why they are away, and why the suck, and why when their cat farts its the most amazing thing in the while wide world! I can't see the whole novel. Right now I am still going to back up Apollo with JiveTalk. I have both Mobilechat and Apollo installed so that when one gets updated I get notified when I open the installer, so hopefully I see something new from Mobilechat as rumored!

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Just quits after I hit log in in my single AIM account. Any idea how to get it to work?

Seems to do this for EDGE but not for WIFI

PoloJag

Jul 24, 2007
If you are logged on using Edge and go to the Home screen, does the client stay connected?

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Has anyone noticed that this thing eats up around 10mg of space? Not that it is a bad thing, but wow! There are still some bugs with ApolloIM 1.0, but I am sure they will work things out. Now looking forward to seeing what MobileChat will have to offer. Still wish they would both support grouping of buddies.

- Garrett

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
After playing with Apollo, i notice it lacks a lot of stuff.
But what can you expect. Just to be able to message people should be good, but i am sure it will get better.

I wish i could Add new S/N's to my buddy list, because i get a lot of IM's from people from forums and i wanna add them to my buddy list. but i cant.

I wish it also oganized the S/N's into my groups, because it just adds them all together. I have about 200 buddies and not they are all together..

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Did the audio and vibrate notices disappear with this version. I thought that was there before. Also, anyone noticing increased battery usage with this? My battery has been going down really fast the past couple of days even when I'm not using the device.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Looking good. I always preferred Apollo over MobileChat, but for some reason I can't log in over Edge, only WiFi. Whenever I try to log in using Edge, I get returned to the home screen.
Same issue here. Hope they fix it :)

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
MobileChat is still by far better then Apollo in my opinion. If Apple would have put an chat app on the phone, MobileChat is what they would have chosen.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
did anyone else notice how fast the battery drains while using this app? After a regular shift at work, my battery is at about 3/4 full still. today, i had my aim signed on this app for a while and my battery drained like a mother......also I noticed my phone was quite hot when I would be using it. The only thing I can think of Is this app. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
did anyone else notice how fast the battery drains while using this app? After a regular shift at work, my battery is at about 3/4 full still. today, i had my aim signed on this app for a while and my battery drained like a mother......also I noticed my phone was quite hot when I would be using it. The only thing I can think of Is this app. Anyone else notice anything like this?
I mentioned the same thing a few posts up from here. The battery was draining faster than my car or laptop could charge it. I restarted and I am trying again to see if I still have the problem. If so, it looks like I'm going back to MobileChat even though it doesn't have MSN.