App store question

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Every time I open the app store app on my iPad it requires my password. This doesn't happen on my iPhone. I've done a hard reset. Any ideas?

Diane B

Bronze
Apr 20, 2010
Do you have updates to be installed? It will always ask for your password for any action taken in the app store. I should say for the first transaction in that period. If you go out and back again and there is another it will ask again. My Touch acts the same.

However just to enter the app store---no, no request for password.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Do you have updates to be installed? It will always ask for your password for any action taken in the app store. I should say for the first transaction in that period. If you go out and back again and there is another it will ask again. My Touch acts the same.

However just to enter the app store---no, no request for password.
No it's not that easy. I open and it asks. I close, open again and it asks again. I can put my password in 5 times in 10 minutes and it will ask again.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
No I'm not jail broken and I haven't ever been jail broken. Weird issue hopefully a fix is coming BEFORE iOS 4 for iPad.
Yes it is. Mine asks every single time I open the app. It didn't used to do that. I would say this has been happening for 2-3 weeks now and the strange thing is that it never happens with my iPhone!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When it's plugged in to your laptop/desktop, iTunes will no doubt launch, click Store-Check for Available downloads.

Then let it sync and it should be ok from now on.

It sounds as if an app on your iPad hasn't updated, or needs to update, thats why it's constantly asking for your permission by means of a password.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks John that's all it was! I'll remember this in the future. It was one app that needed updating that wasn't showing on the iPad as needing to be updated. Kinda strange. Thanks again!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks John that's all it was! I'll remember this in the future. It was one app that needed updating that wasn't showing on the iPad as needing to be updated. Kinda strange. Thanks again!
I'm here to help. Although you may not see it ;)

Diane B

Bronze
Apr 20, 2010
Glad you got it straightened out. That's why I like this forum---generally good solutions to annoying problems and things for us to remember just in case we have a similar issue in the future.