Apple.com iPhone 5 Orders Getting Canceled?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
back to messing up I will call tomorrow too about my dock adapter which was pushed back
I ordered before Thursday and it was all cool until people pre ordered the phone
I wonder if they pushed mine back and gave priorority to pre order dock combination?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
How can you blame Apple if it's a foul up from AT&T?

I ordered my Sprint iPhone 5 through Apple and mine's already prepared for shipment.
Because when I went through the checkout process it checks to make sure you are eligible for an upgrade in which it said I was. How and Why Apple cancels it without contacting me and/or AT&T about it before canceling it is freakin lame. They know they "can't" reinstate the order, only move you to the back of the line, so why not make sure they know what the hell they're doing before making a decision. They are in the market to sell phones, I need a freakin phone, in my lifetime, I've never been told I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a cell phone...

And to top this all off, it was nothing caused by me. The order went through and was verified by AT&T, Apple changed it after all that had already occurred.

I'll definitely be asking about some accessories, even though I don't have an interest in any of them anyways, I should at least get an 30 pin to lightning adapter free.

I'll keep you posted... Hope to hear back from the manager on Monday or Tuesday.

I did not ask about getting a pick up ticket, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion!

jsanch2

Sep 16, 2012
Sebastopol, California
Because when I went through the checkout process it checks to make sure you are eligible for an upgrade in which it said I was. How and Why Apple cancels it without contacting me and/or AT&T about it before canceling it is freakin lame. They know they "can't" reinstate the order, only move you to the back of the line, so why not make sure they know what the hell they're doing before making a decision. They are in the market to sell phones, I need a freakin phone, in my lifetime, I've never been told I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a cell phone...

And to top this all off, it was nothing caused by me. The order went through and was verified by AT&T, Apple changed it after all that had already occurred.

I'll definitely be asking about some accessories, even though I don't have an interest in any of them anyways, I should at least get an 30 pin to lightning adapter free.

I'll keep you posted... Hope to hear back from the manager on Monday or Tuesday.

I did not ask about getting a pick up ticket, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion!
Sorry, we are in the exact same boat. I just got off the phone with Apple (On/off hold for 3 hours!) and got the same very ambiguous information. I was told they are going to try everything to get me the phone by the 21st as well, but it could be a few extra days, but even that is not guaranteed :( They told me that the newly made order would be forwarded to the dept that could try to expedite the order. I'm really frustrated because it was cancelled because my shipping address did not match my AT&T billing address, which is dumb. I feel like if it was a situation as simple as this that I deserved a call before the cancellation. But they did offer me a free accessory. I went with an additional Lightning Cable to have a spare to charge my new phone, but I could have chosen the 30 pin to Lightning adapter or the Lightning to 30 pin cable. It was a nice addition but I obviously I am still not happy. I just hope when they get back to me with a new ship quote it isn't too long. It has been very frustrating!

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Sorry, we are in the exact same boat. I just got off the phone with Apple (On/off hold for 3 hours!) and got the same very ambiguous information. I was told they are going to try everything to get me the phone by the 21st as well, but it could be a few extra days, but even that is not guaranteed :( They told me that the newly made order would be forwarded to the dept that could try to expedite the order. I'm really frustrated because it was cancelled because my shipping address did not match my AT&T billing address, which is dumb. I feel like if it was a situation as simple as this that I deserved a call before the cancellation. But they did offer me a free accessory. I went with an additional Lightning Cable to have a spare to charge my new phone, but I could have chosen the 30 pin to Lightning adapter or the Lightning to 30 pin cable. It was a nice addition but I obviously I am still not happy. I just hope when they get back to me with a new ship quote it isn't too long. It has been very frustrating!
That's a good idea, I may have to do that instead. I'd actually get some use out of the extra cable. I have no need for a 30 pin to lightning adapter.

My address was the same as my AT&T billing address, so this wasn't a cause for me either. However, I agree in your case it deseRepairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: October 15, 2012
Learn about Apple's coverage information for your product.
Set Up a Repair
rved a call instead of their actioIns. Bullshit from Apple... So annoying!

[EDIT:] Now Apple.com shows I'm eligible again when I use their AT&T Eligibility Status Check script.. Very annoying! The manager I talked to doesn't even work on Mondays now either, Tues - Sat. only... So probably won't hear anything 'til then. They never even placed a second order for me, they're trying to work out the original one I guess. Not sure if I should place another order now or not... Don't want to interfere with whatever they're supposed to be doing..

jsanch2

Sep 16, 2012
Sebastopol, California
That's a good idea, I may have to do that instead. I'd actually get some use out of the extra cable. I have no need for a 30 pin to lightning adapter.

My address was the same as my AT&T billing address, so this wasn't a cause for me either. However, I agree in your case it deserved a call instead of their actions. Bullshit from Apple... So annoying!

[EDIT:] Now Apple.com shows I'm eligible again when I use their AT&T Eligiblity Status Check script.. Very annoying! The manager I talked to doesn't even work on Mondays now either, Tues - Sat. only... So probably won't hear anything 'til then. They never even placed a second order for me, they're trying to work out the original one I guess. Not sure if I should place another order now or not... Don't want to interfere with whatever they're supposed to be doing..
That is weird... They said that it was impossible to reinstate the order and they said that a new order would have to be placed and then they would reference back my old order when sending it to the back order dept and that that dept would let me know in 2-3 bus days exactly when to expect my new phone. It is really annoying that my excitement has turned it to complete frustration. I really hope they can get this worked out!

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
So as promised, to update everyone on the status of this issue:

I just received an email from Apple:

"Dear iPhone 5 Customer,

The cancellation email you received recently was sent by mistake. Rest assured, we fully intend to get your iPhone 5 to you on 9/21. We do, however, need your permission to reinstate this order.

Please reply to this email as soon as you can with your desire to reinstate your original order.

To ensure a 9/21 delivery date, we must receive your email reply by 5PM CDT (Central Daylight Time), Tuesday, September 18.

We know you're excited about receiving your new iPhone 5. So are we. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

Sincerely,

The Apple Online Store"

Already replied and the order is now open again in my account and showing as Processing.

I'll be contacting the manager I spoke with on Saturday either tomorrow or Tuesday to see if he knows about this email being sent out, and to see if I can get a Lightning to USB Cable free for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you all posted...

C_boog

Sep 17, 2012
I'm glad my husband found this thread. I've been dealing with this for the past two days. Same exact conversations. 2.5 hours on the phone with Apple over 2 days. Now that I see your post above I want to call and demand the same. This whole situation has be so irritated!

C_boog

Sep 17, 2012
I just got off the phone with Apple. They said the email above is probably spam which is BS. now they are saying the cancellation was initiated by ATT. I told them how can that even be possible when before ordering, Apple checks to see if you're eligible. Apple told that it could be anything (bill being paid late....). RIDICULOUS!

So far i've gone from the explanation (saturday 10am) "we have no idea what happened. There isn't any reason for the order to be cancelled. We just need to place a new order" to (sunday at 11pm) "Sorry we can't do anything but TRY to expedite the order" to (monday at 1pm) "the order was cancelled by AT&T"

I explained to Apple all three times I've called that I've had my current iPhone 4 since it launched, have never paid my bill late, have never changed anything on my plan and this has happened to me. I told them that I waited in line for over 6 hrs for a pre-ordered iPhone 4 and I thought ordering it online would be easier. Apparently not. She also told me that for all their new product launches they have never done a preorder and pick up in store. She's straight out calling me a liar because I did that over 2 years ago.

She also suggested that I could cancel my order and go to the store and try and get one. Yes.. that will work out great because I have to be at home to wait for my husband and my mother in law's new iPhone 5 that will come on time..... thanks Apple.... FOR NOTHING. anyone want to write to engadget about this?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
They told me all that stuff too and they made it sound like it wasn't worth talking to a manager, but he said if you want to wait on the line I can patch you through to one. I said "Yes, patch me through, none of these reasons apply thus my order shouldn't have been canceled and I shouldn't be going without a phone for 2-3 weeks." They did so and the guy took my name/number and said he'll get back with me, before he did I got this email which is not spam, cause I got a response today stating my order has been reinstated, which I already saw in my account before receiving it.

I would definitely call and tell them that this is an issue, several people have had it happen to them too and you wish to speak with a manager. They should resolve it for you, and you should end up happy at the end of it all. My order states delivers 9/21, so as long as it happens, I'll be happy.

I should hear from the manager tomorrow, as he works Tues-Sat.

The manager got on the phone on Saturday and was basically telling me what could cause an order to get canceled, and I told him the same thing I told the other guy, "None of those apply to me, and when I called AT&T they placed the blame on Apple." So he put me on hold and when he got on the phone stated, "Ok, We're getting several calls with people experiencing this, something went wrong during the pre-order process. Until, I see how we're going to handle these, I'm going to start making a list of all those affected by it. Rest assured we will get you your iPhone 5, hopefully by 9/21, but if not shortly after that date."

Now my order reflects the original 9/21 delivery again, so they did what they had to do it appears... However, still awating it to ship.

C_boog

Sep 17, 2012
I will try that tomorrow. I was told that they did not have direct lines and they communicate to them via IM. This is getting super frustrating!

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
I will try that tomorrow. I was told that they did not have direct lines and they communicate to them via IM. This is getting super frustrating!
That's bizarre, I have the direct line and the extension to a manager... Alright, keep us posted. If they don't handle it, I'll give you the direct extension to the guy I've been talking with.

C_boog

Sep 17, 2012
That's bizarre, I have the direct line and the extension to a manager... Alright, keep us posted. If they don't handle it, I'll give you the direct extension to the guy I've been talking with.
Can you message me his number? With my luck, calling the 800 number wont get me anywhere. TIA!

MrLatte

Sep 18, 2012
Can you message me the number as well? I had the same problem with my order being canceled with Apple blaming AT&T. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I thought I'd pass along this information, more or less a theory. I didn't have issues pre-ordering the 5, other than trying to reload Apple and AT&T's websites at 3AM on the 14th.

If you are ordering your new iPhone from Apple, make sure your billing address on Apple is the same for billing over at your carrier. When I tried pre-ordering my 4S last year, AT&T told me that I couldn't place my order because my billing info didn't match what AT&T had on their servers. You'd think that this year they would've given you similar warnings, but alas.

I'd also try ordering with the same credit card you have on file AT&T or Apple. That might help speed up the process as well.

These are merely suggestions. I'm sorry you all have had issues. Hopefully Apple makes things right.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Just wanted to update this thread... my iPhone shipped, tracking received, will deliver before 10:30 am Friday.

Hope the same goes for others who experienced this problem.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Just wanted to update this some more, contacted Apple via the email address the emails were sent from earlier and they added a free accessory to my order after I explained the inconvenience this caused me. Overall, satisfied with their customer service on this issue.

C_boog

Sep 17, 2012
Mine was kind of successful but I will continue to be skeptical until I see a tracking number. Got an email back from Apple saying that they will prioritize my 2nd order to be delivered on 9/21. Checked the order status last night and it said "action needed: we tried to contact you without success please call 1800..." I called and they had no idea what I was talking about. I was never contacted by Apple. The lady I talked to was really nice and patched me through to a manager. The manager removed the action needed on the order page and changed it back to "processing". He assured me that my order was currently P1 which is priority shipping and if I don't get it on friday I should get it shortly after.

As of this morning my credit card has been charged but no tracking number yet. Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!