Apple in-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
those look coo, i have the lanyard style now, i wann get out of that style for a while.. and try the Apple ones...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Can you explain about the Lanyard style JJ, how would they be different from Apple's new ones, I need to make up my mind before Christmas so I have them on my list.
Thanks,
Connie:)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
oh im interested in that built in little amp that the Apple ones have...lanyard is cool, the others have fallen out of my ears and i stepped on them

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I cannot wear the standard buds that iPhone comes with, my ears are too small and they hurt like a B*#tch when I have them on, but I need/want the clicky thing to answer calls and ipod control.

shockre

Dec 5, 2008
^^
than desolder them from the cord and solder the ones that you like! i have jvc marshmallows on iPhone cord..so i have ear buds that i like and i still have mic/button!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
^^
than desolder them from the cord and solder the ones that you like! i have jvc marshmallows on iPhone cord..so i have ear buds that i like and i still have mic/button!
That's a great idea. Have you done this and if so what ear buds and cabeling did you use and was there any effect on performance?

Jerry

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
^^
That would be great, but I seriously don't know how to solder? I would be too nervous to try, I would probably just pay the money. I am thinking of taking my earbuds back to Apple that came with iPhone because it's not changing my songs when I click.

shockre

Dec 5, 2008
@glsda &iPhoneconnie

it's very very simple,i've done it dozen times for me and my friends..it takes 15 minutes max! as i said in previous post,i have jvc marshmallow on iPhone cord. it works like a charm! of course that there isn't any effect on performance,why would it be? you just desloder original buds solder the ones that you like..that's not risky at all becouse some guy over in Taiwan/China in factory also soldered original buds to the cord..

here's the link that gave me the idea for that (you'll se how simple it is): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLzs5aHv3jI

and sorry for my english,it's my 3rd langauge!

coachE

Oct 5, 2008
I think I will try this. Does anyone know how to get vModa Vibes apart without breaking them?

Crash Override

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
Can you explain about the Lanyard style JJ, how would they be different from Apple's new ones, I need to make up my mind before Christmas so I have them on my list.
Thanks,
Connie:)
I love the lanyard style. (Hang around your neck and up to your ears, so they don't pull out all the time).
I've been buying the ones from Rivet just for this feature. (I also have small ears and greatly prefer the "3-size adapter" earbuds to the Apple type).
Only problem with the rivets, they wear out and/or break too quickly. (I'm on my third pair).
I just got my Z-Buds from Zagg two days ago. Haven't used them yet, but they look like a great upgrade from the Rivets.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Just got the Apples today (they have them at woodfield mall for any chicago area folks). Haven't got a good chance to listen to them yet but I'll let you guys know what I think. I mostly listen to rap so what I look for in a pair of headphones might be different than what some others might look for

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I love the lanyard style. (Hang around your neck and up to your ears, so they don't pull out all the time).
I've been buying the ones from Rivet just for this feature. (I also have small ears and greatly prefer the "3-size adapter" earbuds to the Apple type).
Only problem with the rivets, they wear out and/or break too quickly. (I'm on my third pair).
I just got my Z-Buds from Zagg two days ago. Haven't used them yet, but they look like a great upgrade from the Rivets.
Let me know how you like them, I think I am going to put the red ones on my Christmas list. What color did you get?

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Ok after listening to these for a bit yesterday. They sound really good. Bass could be a little more powerful, but in no way is it weak. The highs and mids are very crisp and clear. I just wish the silicon tips weren't clear. They seem like they're going to get dirty really quick. Also I hope they fix the volume control problem in an update or something. Because I would really like to adjust the volume from the headset.

UltimateBuds

Dec 8, 2008
We've received our first shipment of the new cables and have mated them to the Future Sonics FS1 earbuds. The mic on these is very good, in our initial tests it is outperforming the standard iPhone headset.

At this point, we feel like customers should buy these headsets for their iPhone. Even though the volume buttons don't work (yet), the overall remote size is only slightly bigger than the iPhone version and you'll have a future proof headset.

Brad
Ultimate Buds
www.ultimatebuds.com