Apple iPhone 4S Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Wow, tough crowd. I for one am pleased with the move forward for the iPhone 4S. I like the new features, I like the Siri utility, the camera looks pretty amazing. I guess I'm in the minority and just easier to please. I've had the iPhone 2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 and each has been much better than the last. I for one never thought I'd be getting the iPhone 3GS when I had a perfectly good 3. I was sure I didn't need the new features and the faster speed was wasted on me. That was until I got my hands on one (totally by accident as Apple Tech took my 3G on a tech capture due to a rebooting problem I was having and in exchange, gave me a brand new, sealed box 3GS) The 3GS was leaps and bounds better than the 3G I had been using for the past year and couldn't conceive of going back. I expect that the 4GS will be the same for me and I look very forward to placing my pre-order on Friday.

Locutus

Bronze
Aug 22, 2010
Agreed. I wish people would just say they are let down because it looks the same as the iPhone 4. The specs are pretty impressive. I'm certainly not let down by them.
Neither am I. I've always thought the current design was brilliant. It's good to see that it will continue for another iteration. Not sure if I'll be eligible for an upgrade any time soon. The last time I checked, ATT told me April 2012 so it might be awhile before I can get it.....IF I decide to do so.
One factor that might effect my decision is if there are any iPhone 4S specific features in iOS5 that won't be available on the iPhone 4.
Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
One factor that might effect my decision is if there are any iPhone 4S specific features in iOS5 that won't be available on the iPhone 4.
Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Siri and Dictation

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I am amazed at some people. Just because it isn't a new look you "are not buying it and are protesting and darn you Apple". Silly. Look at the specs and see that it is a new phone and will be great. Why would Apple change the shape when they are all ready making this shape and it has sold. Jump ship. I support Apple. doesn't mean i always agree with their decisions. I do see the logic and i do support this one.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I am amazed at some people. Just because it isn't a new look you "are not buying it and are protesting and darn you Apple". Silly. Look at the specs and see that it is a new phone and will be great. Why would Apple change the shape when they are all ready making this shape and it has sold. Jump ship. I support Apple. doesn't mean i always agree with their decisions. I do see the logic and i do support this one.
We heard you the first time :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Siri integration looked awesome btw, camera ofcourse, dual antenna, nice, faster processor, great, same design, it's ok I guess. Overall I really like the new phone. I'm definitely getting it.
Don't need 64 gigs with icloud thou.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Siri integration looked awesome btw, camera ofcourse, dual antenna, nice, faster processor, great, same design, it's ok I guess. Overall I really like the new phone. I'm definitely getting it.
Don't need 64 gigs with icloud thou.
I'll be getting the 32Gb version, if I buy it (probably will :( ). I don't need 64Gb as I carry my MBP around most of the time so I can just sync different content to and from it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'll be getting the 32Gb version, if I buy it (probably will :( ). I don't need 64Gb as I carry my MBP around most of the time so I can just sync different content to and from it.
Why so sad? What were you expecting that you didn't get?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If you put it upside-down it totally resembles an iPhone5. Don't be sad people.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
No iOS5 general release today. Now, thats really upsetting. That's a whole week plus a day ( once we get Siri we can ask her )

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Whats so important that the iPhone is so much faster? isn't the iPhone 4 pretty dang snappy?
What, are apps going to open in a split second now? NO!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Actually, I think ATT people might have to get new cases. The layout looks like the Verizon iPhone, which has different volume button and mute switch positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.