Apple iPhone Trade-In Program...Good deal or no deal?

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I've used Craigslist to sell my last two iPhones, and I like not having to pay the various fees associated with eBay.
I forget the types of fees when seeing with eBay. I have not sold on there in a while.

Hey, have you seen those machines that you put your iPhone in and describe it etc, and it tells you how much they say it is worth and you can I guess accept it or not? That is awesome! I saw it for the first time in Atlanta.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I forget the types of fees when seeing with eBay. I have not sold on there in a while.

Hey, have you seen those machines that you put your iPhone in and describe it etc, and it tells you how much they say it is worth and you can I guess accept it or not? That is awesome! I saw it for the first time in Atlanta.
Never heard of those.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
@Sharunda @Europa
I just went to AT&T for the Moto x I wanted it without contract and color option.
I had no line open with the next being in September for partial discount.
I wanted to buy it full price but that was not an option ( if I had waited 2 more days the I could have but nobody knew then)
Anyway what ever they did they put me on the NEXT plan and I walked out paying just the tax . Yes I got payments but I can pay them off independently of my bill.
So Sharunda you may want to go and check anyway what you options are that way.
I tried T-Mobil but I like AT&T better. I rather pay a little more and get great service. They refunded me so far all times my son went over data. And I always got a new phone when I want it.
@imutter WOW! That NEXT program sounds good. I read about it but wasn't sure if i wanted to partake in it. I'll find out more and decide. Thanks for the info and I'm glad it worked out for you. It's always nice when things work out.

Yankeem0mo33

Bronze
Jun 28, 2010
Craigslist is the way to go guys! I used to use eBay, but their fees have gotten pretty ridiculous. I've sold maybe 3 att iPhone 5 on Craigslist, the lowest I got was $480. The highest was $525. Of course, how much you get might depend on where you live. I live in south Texas, just a few miles from the border, so we have a lot of Mexican citizens cross over and buy these so they can unlock and use them in Mexico. They pay a pretty penny then turn around and sell it anywhere from $600-$800

Sent using iCafe app

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
One more vote for Criags List.

I keep a separate gmail account just for craigslist emails, and attached a google voice number just for craigs list. After the sale, I just stop looking at the email account and redirect talkatone to use my regular google voice number.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Security above all else with Craig's list. Just use common sense specially if meeting buyers in person.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
@imutter What color option did you go with? When will you receive your phone? How was Germany? I am full of questions tonight, lol.
@Tattooed Alex I got Spearmint green with yello accent and white front
I do like it . I must say except a few things not bad
I am amazed how great the voice control is better then Glass.
Anyway Germany was great. We went because my mom has cancer, but still had a great time visitng the City. It's been crazy everyday something new is happening. I hope things are settling down I would like to post some pictures.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
@Tattooed Alex I got Spearmint green with yello accent and white front
I do like it . I must say except a few things not bad
I am amazed how great the voice control is better then Glass.
Anyway Germany was great. We went because my mom has cancer, but still had a great time visitng the City. It's been crazy everyday something new is happening. I hope things are settling down I would like to post some pictures.
Sorry to hear about your mom. I've been eyeing up the Moto X as well, although I am not up for an upgrade until next year. All the reviews have been outstanding, but they all say the same thing about the camera not providing vibrant pictures when compared to other high end phones. Let us know what you think of the camera and your overall experience. Do you still use your iPhone 5 or have you gone all Android now?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Sorry to hear about your mom. I've been eyeing up the Moto X as well, although I am not up for an upgrade until next year. All the reviews have been outstanding, but they all say the same thing about the camera not providing vibrant pictures when compared to other high end phones. Let us know what you think of the camera and your overall experience. Do you still use your iPhone 5 or have you gone all Android now?
Some people just like buying loads of things they do not need for the sake of it. More money than sense some would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Some people just like buying loads of things they do not need for the sake of it. More money than sense some would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
It's not up to me to decide what a person needs or wants. Most of everything we have isn't because we need it, but we want it. We don't need to upgrade to a new iPhone every year, but we want to so we do.