Apple Watch Spring Forward Live Thread

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I do the same but why do you keep it plugged in all day? That's what I'm saying, if this battery life takes me beyond 10 hours, why do I need to keep this plugged in. The size and portability outweighs the inconvenience of lacking ports IMHO. With that said, I will get one but I'm not getting rid of my pro anytime soon. "The right tool for the right job" principle
I doubt that 10 hours is with the screen on the whole time with videos and presentations continuously playing.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I doubt that 10 hours is with the screen on the whole time with videos and presentations continuously playing.
You can plug it in, or are you running all media from a usb stick? I'm not saying it's perfect, all I'm saying is that this macbook is meant for portability vs other resource intense activities.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
I was under the impression that you had to have your phone with you... But that doesn't seem to be the case.... Or am I missing something?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have to say I like the features of the Apple Watch. I still have no desire to buy this first generation, but it is something I will purchase by the 3rd generation. I don't really have a need for it quite yet. I can see some great conveniences like Apple Pay, when Apple Pay becomes more mainstream.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
No FaceTime? That would be cool but I guess that leaves them to ooo and awe about on apple watch 2

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
Yikes. I saw the prices at the Store, and the watch I would want would be over $1000. That includes the $449 for the link bracelet.
Yeah. I'm thinking if I do get one I might just get the Sport. I can't help thinking there will be a big leap between first and second generation devices. I don't fancy investing a lot in a device I will want to sell in 11 months time.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I just lost my desire to get this first gen. I know apple is a premium company but $449.00 for a band?! Really?! I am officially out of this generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JWiPhone

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I agree... not to excited to get the first gen model anymore. I was really surprised at the prices, I just cannot afford $499 for a first gen watch. Maybe second or third gen
Tom

Reactions: rugved1118