Apps won't install?

Momo818

Jan 10, 2010
Now I don't know how to use the shaking option to reply, also I trying to register my son's new Nintendo and for some reason the website doesn't refresh/ submit registration form. Ay ideas on why is that happening. Sorry for too much questions.

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
Is anyone else having trouble downloading from the app store. I was able to download for a good 30 minutes but haven't been able to download in days. It gets stuck at waiting...starts loading...then back to waiting again. I'm in sprint.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Depends.
Sprint is having difficulty with 3G network overload in most markets.
In a nutshell, they are working on improving backhaul, installing fiber optics and rolling out 4G LTE by end of 2013.

Sprint nationwide coverage map:

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

Sprint "Network Vision":

https://network.sprint.com/

I found all this out after joining Sprint @ 4S launch.
I had done some superficial research, just checking network coverage maps. They indicated my area had
best coverage/signal. After getting the device and actually using it real world, results were much different. While I was getting full bars, 3G data speeds were essentially useless.
Many (including Sprint's own CS reps) were saying it was an issue w/iPhone.
After much research, and hundreds of speedtest.net tests bore out that Speint was simply not sufficiently prepared for the influx of users the iPhone brought to the network.
The final bit of concrete evidence that the issue was overload, 3G speedtests performed in the middle of the night when the network had least amount of traffic were up right where Sprint says they should be, between 600kbps to 1.4 mbps.

So not so good news if you are not regularly around a WiFi connection, but it will get better. There are also ways to leverage this info to either get out of your contract early or have Sprint waive the $10 per line premium data charge.....

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If connection is low you would have that problem, I do everytime I get throttled. Check your 3G speed when that happens.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Isn't there also a download cap on 3G? Thought it was 20 meg or so. Not sure if that could have been an issue as well.

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
Crazy thing is I've only downloaded 4 apps total bit I use a massive amount of data. I guess I'll just have to get to a wifi signal when I want to download an app.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

beeutiful43

Aug 27, 2012
Why my downloads from the app store keep telling me to "keep trying" and takes days and days to update apps?

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Sometimes this can be an issue with the App Store. If none of the apps are downloading/updating try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work just wait a little bit (few hours) before trying to download anything. If it still doesn't work try resetting the Network settings from your phone (settings>general>reset>reset network settings)

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
A couple days i was updating all my apps and i noticed that a few of them are "stuck". Kindle, EBay, Words with Friends, Scribd, and one more that I can't remember at this time. They just say waiting below then with the black progress bar. I have tried tapping them, double tapping, hard reset of device, everything I can think of. Any recommendations what to do?