Just curious, but what things are driving you away?I won't answer because people in this forum won't like what I have to say.
Well, what the heck! I like the phone... it's revolutionary in many ways, but I think I'm going to return it. The set of things that I need to do but can't is growing and tipping the scale for me after some of the novelty is wearing off. I think I'll return it this week and either wait till the updates address my main problems or for the next version.
I hope I was wrong and that this forum is mature enough to accept this opinion without responding with attacks.
Here are some of the key things that come to mind:Just curious, but what things are driving you away?
I actually agree with all these things, but I still like the iPhone, and I'm going to keep it.Here are some of the key things that come to mind:
- Lack of search: I'm used to being able to search my Smartphone for any record that contains a certain word in any of the fields. For example, I have around 1,500 contacts in my phone and if I forget the name of the person I want, but I remember some other businesss detail, I cannot find him/her. I ran into this exact situation today and i had to use my PC to find the information I want. But this goes beyond that. I am used to being able to search all items on the phone quickly when, for example, you're not sure if you stored a piece of info in a separate note or you attached it to a contact.
- IMAP folder management: iPhone can either show you no folders or ALL your folders in an IMAP account. I have an IMAP account with email being automatically filed into a few folders using rules on the server, but I have MANY other folders in which I file stuff. The iPhone shows me ALL these folders. Other IMAP clients allow you to only show "subscribed" folders, this doesn't seem to be supported.
- Sending email from multiple addresses using the same email account. I have an email account on Fastmail in which I have multiple email addresses for different uses. iPhone does not support this. I tried creating two accounts (with different names) that use the same login info, but the iPhone got confused and merged them. It seems to store the accounts internally using the username and server.
- No task list. I rely on tasks to do my work and the iPhone does not have a tasks program. I know there are online solutions, but that's not adequate for me.
- Notes do not synchronize with the PC. I also rely on notes and have a lot valuable information in them.
- Some key third party apps, like a password manager (a secure program in which you store passwords and other important info to access when you need them). Been using those on Palm and Blackberry devices for a long time and now I'd have to basically find another way to carry/retrieve that info.