AT&T 5% text msg

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm on the 3GB and doing fine you can go in settings/general/network and turn off cellular data that's what I do and only cut it on when I use it. This keeps any data hogg apps from eating data and makes my battery last longer.
What does the "turn off cellular data" toggle do? I've always wondered what it means to use that, do calls and text messages still work? Or is it just for apps/Internet stuff?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
What does the "turn off cellular data" toggle do? I've always wondered what it means to use that, do calls and text messages still work? Or is it just for apps/Internet stuff?
You won't receive texts or calls. If you are connected to wifi you will still have Internet.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
You won't receive texts or calls. If you are connected to wifi you will still have Internet.
Ok thanks, so it's pretty much like turning your phone into an iPod touch then. Would airplane mode work for that as well?, sorry to ask but the settings sound strikingly similar. I been confused as soon as the turn off cellular data feature was added. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Airplane mode kills all radios. So you would have to go back a s turn wifi on after toggling airplane mode. Cellular data leaves wifi on.