AT&T doubles data plan in limited-time promo

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hope T-Mobile or Sprint starts offering a killer deal for people on single plans so we can all benefit by calling AT&T retention. People on family plans are getting a way better deal on data than those of us on single plans...:D

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's not a family/single thing, just amount of data in your plan. a single line with a 10GB plan would get the same discount.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I hope T-Mobile or Sprint starts offering a killer deal for people on single plans so we can all benefit by calling AT&T retention. People on family plans are getting a way better deal on data than those of us on single plans...:D
I 100% agree.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
50% off everything, including accessories for us current AT&T employees. Sure is nice!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Did you speak with the Retention department. Customer Service won't do it.
Retention dept told me there was nothing they can do that they don't offer 20gb only offered to upgrade me to 30gb plan for $30 a month more

I really hate Att. Never get the Same answer for there so called customer service people

One I talked to sounded downright hateful

Last edited:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Retention dept told me there was nothing they can do that they don't offer 30gb only offered to upgrade me to that plan for $30 a month more

I really hate Att. Never get the Same answer for there so called customer service people

One I talked to sounded downright hateful

Call back and talk to someone else, make sure you tell them you are considering going to anther carrier. The woman I talked to was very helpful, once I mentioned sprint had a 20gb plan that was very tempting it was automatic for her to double my 10gb plan.

Also if they text you a survey, make sure you give low scores and tell them how hateful she was. They gave me 180 bucks credit on a bill once because the rep I talked to first was rude and lied to me.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
So Att calls me back. Talked to the supervisor of the one I talked to earlier she only offered me a $90 bill credit if I upgraded to the 30gb plan.

Was told they do not offer a 20gb plan and was no way possible to upgrade a 10gb plan to 20 and that they do not match other companies prices

This is exactly what I meant in the last post. So many people here are getting upgraded I call and they tell me it's not possible

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Talked to another one of these idiots at Att and she tells me that the retention offer from 10gb to 20gb was not supposed to be offered and was ended yesterday 10-24-14

I freaking hate Att

If anyone gets This accomplished today please reply to this

Thanks

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Talked to another one of these idiots at Att and she tells me that the retention offer from 10gb to 20gb was not supposed to be offered and was ended yesterday 10-24-14

I freaking hate Att

If anyone gets This accomplished today please reply to this

Thanks
That sucks.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I thought I saw a commercial for Sprint that was unlimited everything for $50 a month.. If Sprint wasn't so horrible here in my area, I'd have to consider it..

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
So Att calls me back. Talked to the supervisor of the one I talked to earlier she only offered me a $90 bill credit if I upgraded to the 30gb plan.

Was told they do not offer a 20gb plan and was no way possible to upgrade a 10gb plan to 20 and that they do not match other companies prices

This is exactly what I meant in the last post. So many people here are getting upgraded I call and they tell me it's not possible
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414350660.478467.jpg

I would keep trying. Make sure you follow the prompts that get you to canceling your service. For me with the 800 number it was option 0 and then option 3.