AT&T order status has not changed & charge put back into my acct wtf?

Yankeem0mo33

Bronze
Jun 28, 2010
I placed my order for my iPhone at my local AT&T store on 7/4. as soon as i got home i looked at my IBC acct. and the charge was already there. The charge for the phone has been pending for 5 days now. Ive been checking the status of my order nonstop since Sunday and it has not changed from backorder status. I just checked my IBC acct. online and it shows the $431.32 back into my bank acct. WTF?! did they cancel my order? anybody go through something similar?

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
Relax. it was a authorization. If the charge isn't confirmed within a few days, it will release the funds back to you.

Once your phone actually ships, the charge will re-appear.

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
Authorizations drop off after several days because they can't legally charge your account until it actually ships. Once they ship it, your card will be charged again.

Yankeem0mo33

Bronze
Jun 28, 2010
ok thanks guys...i was starting to freak out...its still a little frustrating since the AT&T rep told me i should have it in 2-3 days.

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
ok thanks guys...i was starting to freak out...its still a little frustrating since the AT&T rep told me i should have it in 2-3 days.
You should learn to never listen to anything an AT&T rep tells you. They have no idea what they are talking about ever.