AT&T Pricing Update

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
When do you need to have started spending more than 99 on your line? I need to check if I go over on that line. Bill is around 180 a month but with 3 lines (only 1 iPhone though) but soon to be 2!
Not sure on this, until late January - early Feb I was just under 100, now I am over and my eligibility didn't change, I will have to see what it says after friday when I get the new phone.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
awesome...See? Whining gets you places...I just saved $200 :)

Just like a month or so after V1 came out when Apple dropped the price by $100. And later issued store credit to the early adopters who complained. You get enough people to whine and complain, and they'll eventually cave in and listen.

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
New Apple Upgrade Policy....woohoo!

Just got this email....I purchased my 3G last September and was paying $499.00 for the 3GS.

edit: I guess I should have titled the thread "New ATT Upgrade Policy"

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

On June 17, AT&T announced a change to their upgrade eligibility policy
and ‘best upgrade pricing’ for qualifying iPhone 3G owners.

Based on AT&T’s updated qualification criteria, we are pleased to inform
you that you are eligible to receive a refund on your recent
iPhone 3G S purchase.

Your Order Acknowledgment and Shipment Notification emails will reflect
the original purchase price. However, Apple will issue you a refund in
the amount of $200.00, which is the difference between your original
purchase price and the new qualifying price.

Apple will process your refund in the next 5 days, and will send you an
email when this has been completed. We will process your refund based
on your original payment method. See below for details.

No additional action is needed on your part for you to receive the
refund. These activities will not impact your estimated delivery dates.

You can view the most up-to-date status of your order, including
monitoring the details of your refund, at online Order Status
<www.apple.com/orderstatus>.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
so ive got 2 lines 2 iPhones and only that one line is gonna be eligible ? we bought the 3g's on aug 1

If so im gonna be so pissed i cracked my screen today . Ive had this account for 13 years and when my gf (now wife ) moved here i gave her my cell phone and got another line. which is the one that would be eligible i assume :sick:

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Just posted a link about this too. When were you guys eligible originally? I bought mine on July 12th, should I be getting this email too you think?

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
I bought on release, the funny thing is, is when I read this, I received an email saying I will be receiving a refund.

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
Just posted a link about this too. When were you guys eligible originally? I bought mine on July 12th, should I be getting this email too you think?
"Customers who purchased the iPhone 3G within its first three months of release may now be eligible for AT&T's best upgrade pricing. ie the $199 and $299 price points.

Unfortunately this seems be based on your account standing and monthly services; however, most early adopters should be able to receive the discount."

The way I read it.....as long as you are current on your AT&T bill you should get the $200 bucks back.

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
You get the refund only if purchased within the time frame, plus assuming that you've at least spent $100 on your phone bill every month until now.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Well, I called and had it out with my local store for other reasons but the so-called manager said they sold about 60% compared to last year. So maybe now more people MAY upgrade

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
"Customers who purchased the iPhone 3G within its first three months of release may now be eligible for AT&T's best upgrade pricing. ie the $199 and $299 price points.

Unfortunately this seems be based on your account standing and monthly services; however, most early adopters should be able to receive the discount."

The way I read it.....as long as you are current on your AT&T bill you should get the $200 bucks back.
I'm afraid of that part part. My bill is usually around $89-$92 a month so that would suck if I miss out because of 10 bucks!

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
I got my 3G on launch day, but may upgrade eligibility date was for March of 2010. This press release specifically says the new policy pertains to people who were scheduled to get an upgrade between July and September. If this is true than no upgrade for yours truly. Hope I am wrong, but won't know until tomorrow or Friday

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I just called AT&T. The guy said there are 3 criteria.

1. You BOUGHT the iPhone in July, August or September.
2. Your bill is at least $99 a month.
3. Your account is in good standing.

Now, I have the first and third but my bill was under $99 for the first 4 months of owning the phone....then i upped the plan.

You can call tomorrow morning at 6 am eastern to check if you're eligible. Nothing will register on the site until tomorrow am.

Hope this helps clarify.