Auto correct & accuracy

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Has anyone noticed that they are not as accurate texting (or typing) on the 4 vs the 3GS? I noticed that I make way more errors, cannot type as fast and it does not correct things as well as my 3gs did.

Does it learn your mistakes and make the correcting suggestions after some use? I did a restore (not a new one) so I anticipated it being similar to my 3gs.

I also noted that I make many more mistakes of hitting the wrong letter with my fingers.

Wondered if anyone else had the same experiences.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
B'c the phone is thinner, it does take a little bit of getting used to typing on it again. Just give it a little time and you'll improve. I noticed it at first, too, but the longer I use my phone, then better I get at it again.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
That may be true for the data entry, but what about the auto correct? For example, my 3gs (wife has now) auto corrects and capitalizes my son's name when you text it. On mine, it does not capitalize and if my fingers hit the wrong letter, does not auto correct.

maximo916

Bronze
Sep 17, 2009
I've noticed that I press the 'n' a lot now when trying to press the space bar. Just a habit from my slightly differently shaped 3GS.
Also, all names in my contacts are Auto-Capitalized when typing. I have noticed some things different about AutoCorrect but haven't really been affected to the point where it's a problem.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I thought I was the only one. The one thing I missed when I went from iPhone to BB was the fact that I could basically type with my eyes closed and it always managed to figure out exactly what I meant. This one, not so much. I've sent so many text correcting my previous text that I'm sure people think I've forgotten how to spell. lol

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I thought there was some form of "learning" by the software, but maybe its the different shape of the phone throwing me off. I get the space a lot too when trying to hit N or M.

I will monitor it, but like iprncess said, I used to type fast and with minor if any corrections. Now I type slow and always correcting.