battery charge time

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Mine was at 15% and it took 8 hrs to charge! That's way too long IMO. Maybe the initial charging takes longer?
Hey guys here's a little tip that may be very useful.. If you go to Settings>Usage, there will be a line in there for Time since last full charge. This should really help you see if u are getting a full charge or not.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Battery Usage

What usage means in the settings

This meter is always restarted with every full charge and is only measured from the last full charge. Usage means the general usage or the wake time that the phone experiences outside of standby. This includes everything from movies to calling.

To get a true accurate picture of how long your battery lasts, do a full charge and do not plug it in or do any syncing until the phone battery graphic is red and displays the "less than 5% or 10% battery left" notice.
Keep it charged until the lightning bolt changes to a plug icon. This indicates a fully charged battery.

If you plug it in or do any syncing after a full charge, the phone Usage will state that the "iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge". Meaning you may not get an accurate measure of the charge session.

My Usage shows:

Usage = 2hrs, 24min
Standby = 13hrs 1min

This reflects an 80% charge.

D-

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
it suppose to charge faster if you hook it up to the wall outlet. My charge was down to about 15% and in the red, and it took about 3 hours to go fully charged again using the wall outlet.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It doesn't matter if the phone is on or off to charge, but if it is off you won't be able to see the charge level indicated by the huge ugly battery with no percentage numbers... :)

I want to start a stick post on everything about the iPhone battery.

How Lithiums charge, how they get damaged, how many volts and amps are supplied through the usb ports vs the ac adapter. Laptops have less amps etc..

I also want to tell people to cycle the battery for 3 days to see if that helps.

I know some Lithiums get better charge after using them, if they sit in storage, they might need to be used a few times I think and bruoght up to a full charge to keep the cells healthy.

Tip:
Drain battery till it says low.
Turn off Wifi, BT, and disable mail checking.
Plug into wall ac charger and wait overnight like 8 hours. If not fully charged repeat till it shows the plug icon, if not then I would worry or wait for a update from Apple.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think there is a fully charged icon. The bar will just show 100% green when its charged all the way.
The charging icon (lightning bolt) will change to an electrical plug indicating it is no longer charging but is full.