Battery draining with everything off?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Meh.. i'm not gonna be anal about it this time LOL. It'll be fixed in updates, there are still a lot of bugs with iOS 5, there was in iOS 4 at first as well.
I wouldn't worry except that as a teacher, I don't have access to the internet the way most people do on their office jobs so I really depend on my phone a lot. My tutoring clients text me, as does my principal from her office. I depend on the phone way too much.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
I wouldn't worry except that as a teacher, I don't have access to the internet the way most people do on their office jobs so I really depend on my phone a lot. My tutoring clients text me, as does my principal from her office. I depend on the phone way too much.
Ah yeah.. that is a problem.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
And for me, as a heart patient, battery is definitely an issue. Never know when I may need my phone to be alive!

Mistress of Mischief

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I just logged on to make a post about this exact thing! My new iPhone 4s burns through the battery WAY faster than my old iPhone 4 did! I got up at 730 this morning... its now 615PM and i'm down to 49%. It says 2 hours 46 minutes and standby 10 hrs 44 min.... so I guess the timing is about right.. hmmmm 49% seems much lower than my old phone would be at this time of day. I "could" have played with the phone a bit more than normal, but it doesn't seem that way!

Last night, I had had my new phone only 10-11 hours by bedtime... and it was at 18%...... Ouch...... I'm not thinking this has too good of battery life...

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
I just logged on to make a post about this exact thing! My new iPhone 4s burns through the battery WAY faster than my old iPhone 4 did! I got up at 730 this morning... its now 615PM and i'm down to 49%. It says 2 hours 46 minutes and standby 10 hrs 44 min.... so I guess the timing is about right.. hmmmm 49% seems much lower than my old phone would be at this time of day. I "could" have played with the phone a bit more than normal, but it doesn't seem that way!

Last night, I had had my new phone only 10-11 hours by bedtime... and it was at 18%...... Ouch...... I'm not thinking this has too good of battery life...
Yeah .. I would get almost 6 hours out of full use.. videos, phone calls, some game time *full 3d games btw*, and listening to music 2 hours out of the day. Also some facetime here and there. However I am believing that some apps are using the push even when they are fully off that is the culprit, just my opinion though. I'm getting notifications almost 15 seconds after someone posts stuff in my social networking stuff, and that's all off. including notification center icons.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Yeah i text all the time.. that may be the problem.
Well I just got about 5 hours and 7 minutes from my battery.. been using it all day. That seems pretty decent.. and sort of comparable to my iPhone 4. I am missing about 35-40 minutes on my average charge.. but not bad for leaving facebook notifications on and imessaging, a facetime call, some videos, phone calls, texting all day, couple songs, Siri quite a bit as well.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Coming from a galaxy S that had to be fully charged 3 times a day, I can seriously tell you your phone is fine.

I guess we are spoiled. The other night with my GS I went to sleep at 80% and woke up with the battery dead. Zero widgets.

My battery will be identical to yours.
Still awesome

Attachments

Reactions: tapatalk

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Opinion? I can give fact based details from experience, Android battery life is horrible.

Just some examples from using my Evo 4G, with 4G turned off and only 2 widgets:

If I walked from my apartment over to the nearest grocery or Starbucks, it's about a 10 minute walk. I could leave with the Evo battery on 100% and, by the time I arrived, it would be down to 83%! I did the same thing with my 4S this morning and was only down to 97%.

Sitting here working on some tax paperwork, my 4S has been idle and only gone down 1% in the past hour. Sitting idle for an hour, my Evo would usually lose 10 to 12%.

Mistress of Mischief
I know. With my Evo I had to make sure I had a charger everywhere I went (work, car, home). If that thing wasn't constantly plugged in it was horrible. I never turned 4G on and like you only had a couple of widgets. Most of the time I even had Wifi turned off and I still would only get 4 hours at the most of battery life.

I did notice the battery drain with my 4S as well. I'm a little concerned but hopefully there will be an update.