Battery draining with everything off?

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
I know. With my Evo I had to make sure I had a charger everywhere I went (work, car, home). If that thing wasn't constantly plugged in it was horrible. I never turned 4G on and like you only had a couple of widgets. Most of the time I even had Wifi turned off and I still would only get 4 hours at the most of battery life.

I did notice the battery drain with my 4S as well. I'm a little concerned but hopefully there will be an update.
I only used wifi at home, where it's always a strong signal, because my roommate and I are both tech freaks and have a booster on it.

I can't even get 4G where my apartment is, so there was no point in leaving that on.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Here is somethings to help battery drain;
1. Turn off the wifi when not in use (unless of course you have it plugged into power)
2. Turn down the brightness of the screen.
3. Here is the thing that most users may not know, when you close an app it still running in the background. Double click quickly the homing button which will bring up apps running (dashboard will move up with apps running underneath it). Hold the one of the app icons until you get a red circle with a negative dash in it. Tap on the red circle to make it disappear (this does not remove the app, just stops it running completely) swipe to the left (just like showing other pages of apps) to show other apps. You basic apps which come with phone should be left running. This should help on you battery power when not in use.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
1. Turn off the wifi when not in use (unless of course you have it plugged into power)
3. Here is the thing that most users may not know, when you close an app it still running in the background. Double click quickly the homing button which will bring up apps running (dashboard will move up with apps running underneath it). Hold the one of the app icons until you get a red circle with a negative dash in it. Tap on the red circle to make it disappear (this does not remove the app, just stops it running completely) swipe to the left (just like showing other pages of apps) to show other apps. You basic apps which come with phone should be left running. This should help on you battery power when not in use.
I've never had problems with keeping wi-fi on. I'm at an hour and 11 minutes of usage and it's already at 79 percent.. Yikes! I've sent a few text, and been on facebook 20 minutes. Must be the wi-fi i guess with this new update and phone?

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
It's pretty crappy from what I'm seeing. I have nothing on, and it was even restored as new when I set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I'll post a picture but my usage and standby time has been neck and neck. The same and I could never understand why. I guess it is the was it supposed to be now? IDK, but I don't like it.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Most users do know that these apps are running and they're not really running. They're in a stayed state where they stay where you last left off, but are not actually using any power. That is why Apple did not allow apps to run in the background for the longest time--battery drain and that it was Apple came up with push notifications.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
20% warning came on at 5:00 pm. Phone off the charger at 6:30 this morning. Very similar to my Droid X although with way more usage today since I've been fooling around with it a lot. So all in all I really can't complain.

BTW that's with everything on. Bluetooth, wifi, all the pertinent notifications, etc.