Battery life on the iPhone 5

iPhoneFan10

Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
The wife and I have also noticed our battery seems to drain much faster on our 5s than they had on the 4S and 4 we had previously.. I just learned about turning off the LTE service since we don't get LTE in our area.. Hopefully, this will help on batter power..

Someone also mentioned in this thread that WiFi seems slower which is exactly the other problem we've been having on our home WiFi network. I haven't checked our speeds through our desktop yet to see if it is a problem across all machines or just an iPhone 5 problem.. I'll check that tomorrow..

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
I've heard so many mixed stories about maximizing battery life to where at this point I don't care anymore.

I've also used the GPS almost all day today and I got to about 18% after maybe 3 hours usage. this isn't a surprise though, considering constant GPS and constant location tracking.

Anyone notice how the phone charges faster? Seems the phone is charging the phone twice as fast!
Yes! I've noticed this big time. Charges faster than any other phone I've had. Literally, it doesn't take long at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
My battery is already at 13% after 3 hours of use and 8 of standby. Is that normal?
It's impossible to say if that's normal or not unless you say what you've been using it for, whether you've had good reception, lte on/off locations on/off etc etc

Snazy30

Bronze
Jun 29, 2008
LTE on. And location services on. Brightness on like 40% wifi/Bluetooth off. Using mostly for texting

chriskyo

Sep 17, 2012
Of course it is better than iPhone 4 and 4s, iPhone 5 has so many improvement including battery

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
LTE on. And location services on. Brightness on like 40% wifi/Bluetooth off. Using mostly for texting
That does seem quite poor. You could try switching lte off and see if that's the culprit. Also, I would make sure all location services within system services are off. These are all unnecessary (as far as I know). Note whether any location services have a purple indicator next to them as this means its currently in use

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
When you switch iOS from 5 to 6 (or phones) some settings got changed and added.
iOS6 has added many more features which also use data and battery
Best is to go through all settings and turn off what you do not need.
That saves battery and data
Just think FB is integrated now that alone will use more juice
When I noticed my battery was draining fast. The 1st thing I did was look at settings and resetting the battery.
Then it still was bad so I turned all extras off and checked from there.
I reset again. It was still bad so I went to the Apple store AFTER I ran out all my tricks
They exchanged it and voila Battery is awesome !

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I had a hard time draining mine last night too. It was at 2% for about an hour and a half and about 45 mins on 1%. I'm hoping that the battery life is better than some of the bad reports especially since I only have one cable right now that I have to transport from the home, to the car and into the office. I am used to having them all over the house, a couple in my car and atleast one in my work bag. Apple messed up with this and really should have included an adaptor atleast to hold the customers over until more cables were available. Or atleast made the adaptors available at launch.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Went from 99% to 62% in less than two hours. Had only spent about 45 mins of that time on LTE.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Went from 99% to 62% in less than two hours. Had only spent about 45 mins of that time on LTE.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app