BeeJive IM app

kaytee lala

Jul 9, 2007
heyyy

Does anyone know if you can see away messages on AIM?

pleaseplease tell me if you dooo! <3 thankss

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
its a good chatting app. but the fact that you have the keep the browers open and its constantly streaming info using edge or wifi. a battery hog. i used it for about 15 mins and it drained my battery about 10%....
my only problem with it is that if your on the edge network....no phone calls will come through...right....let me try..lol

bigdawg

Jul 9, 2007
Google Talk Works

anyone able to add google talk? i keep getting a javascript 1 error. am i doing something wrong?
I was able to get logged on with google talk. I got errors at first with both aim and google talk, but after I kept trying it finally worked. I know I didn't do anything different, may be just because it is in alpha.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I take that back. It says it next to their name. But if its too long I think it only shows a certain number of characters.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the link... that little web app kicks major butt... very cool alternative until iChat gets on the iPhone!

dmelton75

Jul 3, 2007
my 2cents on BeeJive's offering

Yes, this a great app, it works very well and it's one of the few things I was missing about my HTC TyTN phone. Even if it sucks battery, I never used the MSN client on my TyTN ALL the time, I would login when I needed to chat someone for a sec and then log out and shut it down. I don't think they were developing this to be a solution that you use ALL the time, after all, it's only in the browser. This is a nice feature to have but I'll be damned if I'd pay for it.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well, if they don't charge for it we'll have to be subjected to advertising, so I'd rather pay a small annual fee to use it. AIM is NOT going to be free when AT&T/Apple decides to provide it anyway.

What I'm hoping is Apple's solution comes SOON so some of us don't end up paying for BeeJive just to end up not using it!

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I was able to use yahoom im but not google. A message saying java script 1 keeps coming up. Any suggestions?

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Well, if they don't charge for it we'll have to be subjected to advertising, so I'd rather pay a small annual fee to use it. AIM is NOT going to be free when AT&T/Apple decides to provide it anyway.

What I'm hoping is Apple's solution comes SOON so some of us don't end up paying for BeeJive just to end up not using it!
I really hope it can be, on the sidekick aim is included unlimited along with text.

DropGems

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I really hope it can be, on the sidekick aim is included unlimited along with text.
yes I don't see why they have to charge. Sidekick and many other phones hook it up for free. Kick had unlimited texting too.