Best PAID Cydia Apps

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I didn't read the whole thread, but Cyntacts is great. Its something the iPhone should have easily had in the first place.
Its small contact pictures in the contact list. Very smooth looking.

Arnold 0

Bronze
Jun 30, 2010
The only reason I Jailbreak is MiWi.
I do not plan on changing anything else on the phone.
"It's Gold Jerry Gold"

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
My paids apps:
Lockinfo
BiteSMS
Pkgbackup/SB organizer
Wi-Fi sync

I love them all. Well worth $17(biteSMS I got onsale for like $6)

I am likely going to bye 3G unrestrictor...not sure on My3G

iblastoff

Bronze
Jul 20, 2010
Toronto, Canada
iblastoff.ca
my fave jb paid apps:
infinidock
infinifolders
bitesms
lockinfo

i'd also pay for a fully working status notifier app for ios 4.0. notifier + libdisplaybar sort of works but not fully.

homerb

Apr 22, 2010
I'm a bit surprised at how expensive the cydia apps are compared to legitimate "app store" apps. Many of them are 3, 5, even 10 bucks or more. While many of them have great features that are "must have", I still think they are a little steep.

On the developer's side, however, I do understand why they may be a bit more expensive, being that they are probably sold in much lower volume than on the Apple App store.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Still use:
MyWi
PkgBackup
InfiniFolders (should have been that way from Apple)

Bought but no longer use:
mQuickDo (hated it for some reason)
InSpell (no longer needed)

Thinking about:

My3G or 3G Unrestricter
BiteSMS or Tlert
iBlackList or MyProfiles
Intelliscreen
Firewall IP
Elert (seems unstable right now)

Michael

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Still use:
Shrink
Action Menu
SnapTap
3G Unrestrictor
MyWi
iFile
Safari Download Manager
Attachment Saver
Iconoclasm
PkgBackUp
iRealSMS
Signal
Wifi Sync

Bought but no longer use:
Elert
My3G
Inspell
mQuickDo
Haptic Pro
YourTube
PdaNet
Infinidock
Infiniboard
OverBoard
MiVTones
Snappy
Universal Search
IconHarvester
iRemix
AnyRing
Multiflow
Orbit
QuickReply for SMS
Recent/CallLog Delete
BiteSMS

Frostbit3

May 8, 2010
I've been using Tlert and it's a lot better than any other SMS program I've ever used. Granted, I've only tried some back on the 2.x days, I don't know if I ever tried one on any 3.x firmware. But Tlert is exactly what I would ever use, I've got a couple of complaints about it but they're only small.

Another program I just bought that I like a lot is "Shrink". I know I can do this myself (Changing icon sizes) but for $1.50, I'll pay it not to have to SSH into my phone and change icons every time.

Lockinfo is also a must for me, I've been using it for a long time.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Lockinfo is very nice! ... I also love Notified Pro (Gives us drop down notifications like Android) ... I love it!
Per your suggestion I just tried notified (not pro) as it was free. Do you know what the pro version does over the standard version? I looked at the descriptions on Cydia and they look the same. I'm sure there's something I'm missing! Thanks!

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Per your suggestion I just tried notified (not pro) as it was free. Do you know what the pro version does over the standard version? I looked at the descriptions on Cydia and they look the same. I'm sure there's something I'm missing! Thanks!
The Pro version allows the installation of plugins (which are currently free). The two plugin's out are Notification bar and status bar notifications. Both are pretty nice, but I am liking the status bar plugin a bit better.

~S

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
For now I'm using the standard version which works fine for my needs. Hard to imagine that this is not standard with iOS4! There have been times I receive a notification (pre- notified) and it disappears from the screen so quickly I wasn't sure what it was for! With this APP it makes it so easy to look back.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
One thing I noticed with Notifier was that when I was trying out BiteSMS SMS notifications were not logged into Notified. Anyone else notice that?

Michael

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
One thing I noticed with Notifier was that when I was trying out BiteSMS SMS notifications were not logged into Notified. Anyone else notice that?

Michael
It is a known issue that they are working on ... I hope that they get it fixed, Bite SMS is so much better than the default IM app.

FavreFan77

Bronze
Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
It is a known issue that they are working on ... I hope that they get it fixed, Bite SMS is so much better than the default IM app.
I'm not sold on Bite yet. It's been kinda buggy and freezes for up to 10 seconds intermittently and then everything is fine for a while but then does it again. Not sure if it's something the dev will clean up or not....

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
how the hell does notifier work? I d/l it but it shows NOTHING.

I actually d/l notified. is that the wrong one?