Best way to clean the screen on iPhone

huskerboy

May 18, 2009
Zeiss pre-moistened lens cloths from WalMart. They work well on the entire phone. I'm kinda greasy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Zeiss pre-moistened lens cloths from WalMart. They work well on the entire phone. I'm kinda greasy.
Are the chemicals safe for the iPhone screen though? I wish someone would start packaging (IDK, maybe they already are) small alcohol pad size wipes premoistened with distilled water. That would be completely safe and clean the screen so much faster than a dry microfiber cloth.

huskerboy

May 18, 2009
Completely safe considering the iPhone uses optical glass. I have used Zeiss wipes for months on my iPhone and for years on the plastic BlackBerry screens before that without a problem.

iOSJBs

Nov 1, 2015
I user temper glass so honestly I just rub it against my pants lol .. Good enuff .

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
My iPhone 6 is almost always in an Otterbox Defender. When I do take it out to clean the case and the phone, all I use on the phone is an old cloth baby diaper or an old cotton t-shirt without any cleaner, followed by a camel hair lens brush to remove any lint before putting it back into the case.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My iPhone 6 is almost always in an Otterbox Defender. When I do take it out to clean the case and the phone, all I use on the phone is an old cloth baby diaper or an old cotton t-shirt without any cleaner, followed by a camel hair lens brush to remove any lint before putting it back into the case.
Old diapers and camel hair. Got it.

Reactions: Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I have unused hemp cloth diaper (square) I am going to check out!
I have tech armor so far it's new and clean but will try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Surprisingly, saliva can be an excellent glass cleaner. Learned that one in the Navy, I was in charge of taking care of my ship's binoculars, telescopes, sextants, etc.
It's funny you mentioned that. It reminded me of something. I was in Okinawa in the Air Force, and they taught us to rub saliva on the inside of our SCUBA diving masks to prevent them from fogging up underwater. They also sold a spray in dive shops that was made specifically for it if you didn't want to spit in your mask.

Reactions: Keukawater