Better than any other phone?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Toldja it was going to be good. ;) Some folks have mentioned $60/mo as too high but for unlimited data and text that seems reasonable to me. I expect to use it constantly.
I think he's saying $60/month for the total cost of the 1400 minutes plus unlimited data and text. That would be a pretty sweet deal on just 1400 minutes alone.

My service will be part of a Family Plan though, so I'm interested in the costs from a slightly different perspective. It sounds like At&t might be trying to change the plans to get away from the free night and weekends and no roaming charges. I guess we'll know soon enough.

CybertiggerNW

May 31, 2007
There are those that will rush right out and purchase the phone, use it and find all of the functionality issues when faced with their real life usage. Others will wait until the bugs are worked out, features are added and the supply/demand has leveled out. It all comes down to research... what features are a must for how you use your phone and which ones can you live without. Cost, functionality and ease of use are all factors to consider. I personally will wait a bit, let the dust settle and watch the ACTUAL real life users write reviews. First one out is never the best version since technology changes so fast. Seems like a great product even without the hype!

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
$60/month?!

Just under $60 a month?! How is that possible to pay that little and get 1400 minutes AND unlimited data? I am with Verizon currently and pay about $55 a month for 400 anytime minutes, and 250text/pic message. If just under $60/month is true then I will be there in a heartbeat. Granted I will probably be switching to AT&T to get the iPhone anyway... :)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Not better than Nokia N95 ...NO! N95 has better video cam w/ 5.0MP and GPS
Not quite sure how that makes it better. Does it have a better phone, music player, and internet experience? Those would be more valid issues to compare. You may also want to check out the megapixel thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Why ask Cannon when you can get it from Nokia N95?
Because the quality and features just can't compare. The stand-alone Canon camera with the same MP rating will be better. Since you are very interested in the camera you should check out Canon.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Why ask Cannon when you can get it from Nokia N95?
its not a serious comment. I'm being sarcastic because you so worried about the stupid camera that your using that as your basis for buying a CELL PHONE. iPhone isn't a camera with a phone, its a phone and an ipod with a camera. go join a nokia forum and skeet all over there posts if your gonna sit here and make every post about a stupid 5.0 MP camera, just so you can get your post count up and try to win the very phone your bashing.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Chris, can this kid really be eligible to win the phone when all his posts are about the same topic. Everything he has said is about the N95. How can all his posts be legit?

reptilexcq

Jun 5, 2007
Chris, can this kid really be eligible to win the phone when all his posts are about the same topic. Everything he has said is about the N95. How can all his posts be legit?
the only advantage iPhone have over Nokia N95 is the touch screen....and quick friendly usage...that's it. Nokia has everything plus the 5.0MP cam and GPS. It's funny people defend iPhone even if there are obvious weakness in its feature.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
the only advantage iPhone have over Nokia N95 is the touch screen....and quick friendly usage...that's it. Nokia has everything plus the 5.0MP cam and GPS. It's funny people defend iPhone even if there are obvious weakness in its feature.
Wow! I didn't know the N95 can sync up with my iTunes library just like an iPod, uses Multi-Touch, has Cover Flow, Safari, Mail, iPhoto, proximity sensors, accelerometer, ambient light sensors, etc, etc. Guess I'm in the wrong forum! :eek:

reptilexcq

Jun 5, 2007
Wow! I didn't know the N95 can sync up with my iTunes library just like an iPod, uses Multi-Touch, has Cover Flow, Safari, Mail, iPhoto, proximity sensors, accelerometer, ambient light sensors, etc, etc. Guess I'm in the wrong forum! :eek:
WOw i didn't know iPhone has GPS, replaceable battery, TV out, 5.0MP camcorder, flash memory support, FM radio, 3rd party support, 3G!

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
WOw i didn't know iPhone has GPS, replaceable battery, TV out, 5.0MP camcorder, flash memory support, FM radio, 3rd party support, 3G!
so we can agree that they are two completely different phones and you can shut the hell up. nobody here wants to compare the iPhone to the stupid Nokia phone you keep touting...:mad:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
EVERYBODY CHILL OUT. Get this thread back on track or it will be locked. Thank you.

Now: iPhone or satisfactory alternative? Discuss.

-K