Votes: 5 6.0%
  • No. It doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

BanjoBanker

Jul 2, 2007
Mt Brook, AL
the 29th

Apple always launches on Tuesdays, so my bet is the 29th. I know, the last iPods were on a Wednesday, but that was due to Monday being a holiday. I am sitting on the fence right now. I may hold out until the first update, then jump in. Then again, I may be the first person in line again! It just depends on which way I fall off the fence.:eek:

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I'll probably upgrade my Mac at that time. If not, then I'll definitely upgrade to Leopard. It'll give me a reason to clean up my hard drive, so I can perform a clean install.;)
Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a new desktop once it's released. I'm seriously Jonesing for a new Mac.... but then I suffer from that daily, Leopard or not.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Oct. 26th confirmed

Apple has confirmed Oct. 26th as leopard release date, and you can pre-order it now. Which I have done. :)

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I probably won't buy it on the day it's released just to avoid the crowds, but I will definitely buy it! Too many cool features to pass up! :)

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
I'd been hoping to get it sooner with the educational discount but seeing as they've increased the pricing on that, I think I will be waiting longer. Plus, priorities as my health comes first! ;)

Still, I look forward to playing with this new kitty when I can, and it'll be nice to see if it adds anything extra for iPhone users. If not, I still want it for the other features in it.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
i just bought my mbp and today is my first day with it and i love it! i heard that Apple was going to give you leopard for 10$ shipping if you purchased a mac after the 1st of oct.... is this true? because if so... i sure am glad i waited a few days!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
i just bought my mbp and today is my first day with it and i love it! i heard that Apple was going to give you leopard for 10$ shipping if you purchased a mac after the 1st of oct.... is this true? because if so... i sure am glad i waited a few days!
I haven't heard anything on this, and I'm not sure why they would, but I suppose it's possible.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
We got a chance this morning to pose a few queries to Brian Croll, Senior Director of Mac OS X Product Marketing, about today's Leopard release announcement. Here's some of what he had to say, as well as some of the new features we're looking forward to in the next release.
Users who bought Apple machines from October 1st on can participate in Apple's Up-To-Date Program, which provides free Leopard upgrades (for $10 shipping).
Boot Camp's beta Assistant software expires at the end of 2007, meaning Tiger users that want to continue editing / creating Windows partitions on their Macs need to do so before January, or upgrade to Leopard. Post-January you'll still be able to boot to the partitions you've created, though.
Users shouldn't expect expanded sync capabilities between Mail.app and the iPhone, although it looks like you'll be able to read iPhone notes on your desktop machine now.
File system is, indeed, still HFS+; OS X now supports read-only ZFS, as we'd heard.
Don't forget to peep the new features / changes list on Apple's site.
Call us crazy, but with a 6:00PM Friday launch we think you should expect lines -- but not for Apple to sell out.
A few features we're looking forward to (besides the obvious ones):
Google Maps integration with Address Book.
Tricked out AppleScript.
Automator UI recording / playback.
Japanese dictionary support.
New, easily-printable font books.
Front Row now looks more like "Back Row" (the Apple TV interface) -- too bad it's still not more like Media Center.
New AirPort menus that show WiFi encryption.
Disk encryption now supports 256 bit AES.
Built-in grammar checker. Lord knows we need it 'round these parts.
Tabbed terminal.

-- thats from engadget

im not sure how true that is but thats where i got my info from about the 10$ upgrade.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
well i just pre ordered leopard it came out to $10.60 it was 9.95 + .65 for tax. So i can confirm it is only 9.95 if you purchased after oct 1st. Says it ships out the 26th. im happy.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you mean a line at the Apple store, yeah, there will be. I was there for Tiger and there was a line. But I pre-ordered this time. I've had my turn waiting in an Apple product release line for this year.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Apparently Apple will be giving out free Leopard T-Shirts to the first 500 who show up at the store on Friday.

From the Apple site:

Leopard arrives Friday, October 26.
The world premiere of Leopard, the biggest upgrade to Mac OS X, is October 26. And on that big day, the Apple Retail Store is the place to be. Join us from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and be the first to experience the world’s most advanced operating system. And if you’re one of the first 500 guests, you’ll go home with a special edition Leopard T-shirt. See you there.
Perhaps I will go.