Caller image

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Hi,

I have just seen an advert for the iPhone 3gs and when it calls someone, in the top right hand corner there is a picture of the person being called. How do i put the picture there? Currently when i call someone the whole screen is taken up by their picture!

thanks in advance

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I like the full screen pic and is all I have ever used, but I believe if you assign the pic for the computer it will show in the upper right hand corner. Assigning from the phone gives full screen.

Mojorisen

Bronze
Jun 29, 2009
NC
From what I've seen, the full screen image is assigned whenever you assign a picture to a contact taken with the iPhone. If you imported contacts that previously had pictures assigned (i.e. from an exchange server), it posts the pictures in the top right of the screen...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I prefer the full screen image when I receive a call. I wished my BOLD did that out the box :)

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Not sure if I understand this correctly. If I have a photo added to my contact number, will the photo shows up on the screen when you call them? And vice versa? The photo of the person calling you will pop up, is that correct?

Mojorisen

Bronze
Jun 29, 2009
NC
Whatever image you have assigned to a contact, it will show up whether you call them, or they call you. The placement of that image will depend on if the image was assigned before or after the contact was imported to your phone.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Whatever image you have assigned to a contact, it will show up whether you call them, or they call you. The placement of that image will depend on if the image was assigned before or after the contact was imported to your phone.
While that makes sense, it's stupid. Why not just allow us to choose?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
The photo shows up during a call but the keypad is covering it because the photo is in the middle of the screen. Is there a way to get rid of the keypad while on call?

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
You do realize it's a 'phone'. You can do everything the phone is intended to do without a computer. Download apps/songs use those apps and songs. So big deal. You can't back it up. I know 2 people that don't have computers and they do just fine with their iPhones.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You do realize it's a 'phone'. You can do everything the phone is intended to do without a computer. Download apps/songs use those apps and songs. So big deal. You can't back it up. I know 2 people that don't have computers and they do just fine with their iPhones.
Whatever. In that case you are going to have a full screen pic. No other choice.

Mojorisen

Bronze
Jun 29, 2009
NC
What if your one of those people who have an iPhone, but not a computer?
You'd have to sync your contacts to an exchange server of sorts, and manually assign contact photos on a computer on that exchange. Then just import/sync your contacts again - that should do it... Best scenario here would be to use a work computer if possible. Aside from that, you can't.

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
can someone tell me how i do it with my computer then? step by step if possible as i am clueless!

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
You'd need to provide some info first. Do you sync with Outlook? If yes, in your Contacts, in Outlook, open said contact, and insert an image there. When you sync, it should sync to your iPhone...

can someone tell me how i do it with my computer then? step by step if possible as i am clueless!