CameraBag reduced to $2.99!

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Looks pretty cool. Saves me the hassle of going into photoshop after the fact!

Here's a little test I did applying the filters to a shot I took with the iPhone:

• Original Photo:
  • Helga Filter:
  • 1974 Filter:
  • Cinema Filter:
  • Lolo Filter:
  • 1962 Filter:

I think they're pretty cool effects. The developer promises more filters and bug fixes in future updates.

Now, I'm going out there to use my camera more!

Last edited by a moderator:

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
The helga filter looks really cool.
It is, but I noticed a little bug I'll tell the developer about. It appears, movement and scaling before applying filters doesn't stick. And, it'd be nice to adjust placement, scaling and cropping with the filter applied.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
From the developer's site:

The cameras included in CameraBag:

-"Helga" - A square-format toy camera feel with washed-out highlights and old-school vignetting.

-"1974" - This is your father's camera. Faded, tinted, and hip.

-"Lolo" - Shoot from the hip and take life as it comes with vibrant, colorful shots.

-"Cinema" - Dramatic, moody, wide-screen stills from the movie of your life.

-"1962" - Dynamic black and whites from the photojournalists of a bygone era.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
They added two new filters with the most recent update:

• The Ansel Filter (as in Ansel Adams):
  • And the Infrared Filter (spoooky):

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I just downloaded CameraBag. I am sad to report I am not impressed. I think the standard filters should allow for user manipulation. I also found this same problem with Ford Motor Company's new FlexPhoto App. I think Photogene and Picoli are far superior applications. The user controls give you much more bang for your buck. Mark

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I just downloaded CameraBag. I am sad to report I am not impressed. I think the standard filters should allow for user manipulation. I also found this same problem with Ford Motor Company's new FlexPhoto App. I think Photogene and Picoli are far superior applications. The user controls give you much more bang for your buck. Mark
Agreed. CameraBag is more of a fun novelty. I enjoy it for how quick and simple it dresses up pics. The others are more serious.

FYI: Picoli is on sale for $2.99!