Camped Out in Line Waiting

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I would love to camp out, but a) I'm already getting it delivered b) it is pouring here in NYC c) I'm only 15 going on 16 d) I still have my dignity.

Maybe the next iPhone...

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I would love to camp out, but a) I'm already getting it delivered b) it is pouring here in NYC c) I'm only 15 going on 16 d) I still have my dignity.

Maybe the next iPhone...
Precisely why I don't understand this camping-out thing...

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Its just amazing what people do for this device. By all means we are all here for the same reason we love the phone, but take a step back and look at how crazy we are :) I love it. So any ideas for the next iPhone?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm walking distance from my Apple store. I'm going to walk over there tonight and see if there are people camping out. I have mine ordered for shipping so hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I didn't pre order so I'll be going to the Apple store in Deer Park which is about 30 minutes north of Chicago.

According to the guy at the store, the line started forming at 4 a.m. last year...so looks like I'll be getting up early.

IBJanky

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Well here I am at the Apple Store at the mall. Is anyone else out there already camped out. I am the first one here. I have my tent, radio, reading materials, portable DVD player, snacks, and my 3G to order pizza! Is there anything on the list that I may have forgotten? What else do you guys think I need. I am so excited! (I also have a Palm Pre that I am currently using as a coaster for my coronas.....It works PERFECT!)
No offense, but you should try and get a life.

But hey, to each his own. If that's what makes you happy, go for it.

I personally have way better things to do than camp out for a cell phone.

myke

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
To all the Camping Haters, I have a life which is why I can afford to sit here and wait on my phone with no problems. Stop being mad cause I am getting mine before you....LMAO!:laugh2:

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I'm not a hater, but time is money. I'll be sleeping on my nice bed, wake up, and go to the Apple Store to gloat since I am an Apple fanboy.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Well me and my daughter are having a ball here just hanging out. Suppose to be a band coming out later so that's kinda cool. Meeting new people and just relaxing. So call it what you want, we are just fine. And we will be up and running shortly. I have plenty of time and plenty of money so whatever to the haters. (leaves to go get some steaks off the grill and wait on the live band)

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Precisely why I don't understand this camping-out thing...
To all the Camping Haters, I have a life which is why I can afford to sit here and wait on my phone with no problems. Stop being mad cause I am getting mine before you....LMAO!:laugh2:

You go, man. I'm lovin' the story. I'm livin' vicariously through you because I'm probably going to be "rational" and "responsible" and keep my v1 phone for the time being. And I'm sure I'm not having as fun of an evening as you are. More power to ya, I bet you're having a blast with you daughter in this unique outing!

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Well me and my daughter are having a ball here just hanging out. Suppose to be a band coming out later so that's kinda cool. Meeting new people and just relaxing. So call it what you want, we are just fine. And we will be up and running shortly. I have plenty of time and plenty of money so whatever to the haters. (leaves to go get some steaks off the grill and wait on the live band)
Sounds like you're having a good time!

I've never camped out for something like this before, but I always enjoy waiting in line like 3-4 hours before a concert starts. You realize as you're there that you all have a common interest be it a phone or a band, you get to meet some pretty cool people, and hell spending time with your daughter is never a bad thing!

Enjoy your night sir!

PS: I'll take my Ribeye medium rare ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just did a drive-by on my way home from the studio:

I think I'll be ok to get a couple hours of sleep... if I can...

Last edited by a moderator:

IBJanky

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
Long Beach, CA
I'm not hating, do whatever floats your boat...

I just don't see myself camping out for anything. My time is way too precious. I have better things to do with my time.

And I don't care if you get yours now and I get mine a month from now. It doesn't matter to me. It's just a phone. I have the old iPhone which works perfectly fine, but I wouldn't mind the new features of the 3Gs. I won't die if I don't get it tomorrow, life goes on. I have more important things to worry about.

Dude, how about you go be a d-bag elsewhere?!
I was expressing my opinion. That IS still allowed, right?

myke