Camped Out in Line Waiting

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Ok so story time. I was TRYING to get a little bit of sleep, and after about 30 minutes of finally drifting off... I get a phone call. It's my buddy. "Dude there are some people out there at the Apple store, you should go!"

So, after being woken up and all excited again... Theres no way I can sleep. So I get my stuff and head down. Well here I am, and turns out the "people in line" my friend saw were just maintenance guys.

Apple employees just came out and gave me a high five for being first in line.

Weehoo
Awesome. Will be a long night but looks like you got yourself an iPhone 3GS. Thanks for the update.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
"Ok so story time. I was TRYING to get a little bit of sleep, and after about 30 minutes of finally drifting off... I get a phone call. It's my buddy. "Dude there are some people out there at the Apple store, you should go!"

So, after being woken up and all excited again... Theres no way I can sleep. So I get my stuff and head down. Well here I am, and turns out the "people in line" my friend saw were just maintenance guys.

Apple employees just came out and gave me a high five for being first in line."

SAIKO. I hope some other people show up soon for your buddy's sake lol. I ordered mine to be delivered but it is fun to read the people that are camping out. Then I gotta read how you guys are playing with your phone while I am still waiting on delivery. : ( UPS doesn't usually deliver until late evenings. Maybe they will surprise me!

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Ok so story time. I was TRYING to get a little bit of sleep, and after about 30 minutes of finally drifting off... I get a phone call. It's my buddy. "Dude there are some people out there at the Apple store, you should go!"

Apple employees just came out and gave me a high five for being first in line.

Weehoo
I live a couple hundred yards from my Apple Store, and if this sign is the norm, I am going to sleep in. I might take a walk by in a few to check it out.

The problem here is that the Store is inside of a huge shopping mall, and the security doesn't like people on property until they decide you can be there. Last year I had to go to ATT for my 3G because of this. Didn't really want to buy at ATT, but it was bound to be chaos at the mall since there are about 4 or 5 main entrances that people would clamor around.

Last edited by a moderator:

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I'm still at work lol well not working but hanging out. I'm headed to Bloomington IN when I get off I should be there at about 6:00a.m. I didn't pre register because they (AT&T) didn't know how they tried but they told me to just come early to get one so I hope I can get one at 7:00 when they open so I can go home so I'm not waiting around forever.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
But you won't get the cool designer bag.
Yes sir I will, but I wouldn't wait in line for it - plus, like I said, it's a job requirement. It would be a little silly to judge the lawyer for driving a luxury car instead of a Toyota because his firm requires him to, wouldn't it? But that's a car, so as a "boy" toy, it's different, right? :p Choosing to own something at all isn't really the same as choosing to stay out all night waiting to be the first in line to own something on the first day of its release.

Nothin' wrong with people waiting in line for something they're uber-excited for... I'll do that for event tickets and, well, events. I should know better than to say I "don't get it" for an iPhone camp-out on an iPhone forum, I suppose ;) I'm glad the campers have found something they love so much that camping out is worth it. I suppose you must love the iPhone a lot more than I do!

BTW, super nice of you to poke fun of me for my mention of a $$$ bag that I only brought up in order to give background to something I posted with the hope of saving other people money. You guys are a kind and grateful bunch.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Man, I was all ready with all my accouterments for camping, but there isn't a living soul at my AT&T store yet. Kinda felt silly being the only car in a huge parking lot, so I'll go back in a little bit...

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
yes, I kinda feel like an idiot. There are 3 people including me... A huge severe thunderstorm just ravaged through our area and during that me and a friend went back to his house which is just right up the street. Now that the storm has passed us, I'm back and still first in the reserved line. The other 2 people are in the line for people without reservations. Hmm this isn't nearly as fun as when there are a buncha crazies here. Oh WELL hahaha. Hopefully now that its almost 5 where I live, people will start showing up.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I gotta say I was a bit disappointed to see NO one. I suppose people feel secure in their preorder status...

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
I'm here literally standing in the heart of Times Square and there 4 people here... Hahahaha to u Apple people and the chaos

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
Wow you guys are already there! I am sitting at home waiting for 4:30 to roll around and then I am heading out. Though, you people are making me nervous that I am waiting too long..

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
*yawn*

woke up after a few zzzz's. gonna walk to Apple now about 3 minutes away and see how it is.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
The mgr came out and got the receipts from the two of us that actually pre ordered to get our phones ready and take the others too but the line is slowly building...