Can't turn off SSH in 2.0.2

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys,
I'm jailbroken on 2.0.2 firmware. I noticed that BossPrefs, I can't turn off SSH (it was working just fine on 2.0.1 firmware). When I choose "off", it'll say it's off, but once I start up BossPrefs again, it reverts back to "on". The app "Toggle SSH" doesn't seem to work either -- when I hit disable, SSH is still on, as I can get into my phone via WinSCP. Does anyone else have this problem?

Until these apps are fixed, is there any way to manually start and stop SSH? I could have sworn there's some command I can type from MobileTerminal. Any help would be appreciated.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I noticed that BossPrefs also has trouble toggling WiFi and EDGE (3G too, possibly).To make sure that is is still on, turn it off, close the app, and try to SSH in.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Yes, even when BossPrefs says SSH is "off", I can still log in via WinSCP. I also have issues with toggling 3G too, so hopefully BigBoss will address this soon. I'm one of the few people who prefer to keep SSH off when I don't need it, due to battery drainage and security issues. Oh well, I'll just uninstall/reinstall every time I need it. Thanks for the reply!

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok I got it working. In case anyone else has problems toggling items on/off in BossPrefs: if you do a reboot/respring, the changes will stick. It seems you have to do it everytime though...at least for me.

The Stig

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
turn off ssh, then hold down the wake/sleep button until it asks for the phone to be shut off, then do so. turn the phone back on and it should work.