Cell Phone Store Employees

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's the most wanted device on the planet, at least learn about the big two out there?

And it's not the same thing, the question wasn't where was the iPhone built, but the basic specks.
I have to know everything about what I do or I can get someone ill, what if you come over here and ask me what oil we use on the fryer and I didn't know or I would start making stuff up and get your kid sick? Responsibility comes with every job, and making stuff up is irresponsible and shouldn't be tolerated.
how you like your new job? :D
Agreed. Better to plead ignorance than to misinform.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I can speak only for customer device reps reached by phone for one carrier. It may or may not be sprint. There is no training at all on any phones when you start your job. Everything is learned on the job by reading user guides and having never touched the device. To boot most company's are very strict when it comes to what can and can't be told to a customer. I run the newly formed department at my center that only handles iPhone calls. I still can not or have my agents tell customers to do or how to do a hard reset (home and power button)

Again can't speak for store reps but give them a break. They are just trying to make enough money to feed there family an pay the bills. The next customer service rep you lay into may be me. I know y'all like me.
But will you like me ?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It's the most wanted device on the planet, at least learn about the big two out there?

And it's not the same thing, the question wasn't where was the iPhone built, but the basic specks.
I have to know everything about what I do or I can get someone ill, what if you come over here and ask me what oil we use on the fryer and I didn't know or I would start making stuff up and get your kid sick? Responsibility comes with every job, and making stuff up is irresponsible and shouldn't be tolerated.
how you like your new job? :D
I'm ok with that. I think my point was more of a we all do what we can to get buy. Maybe give the guy a break was all I was saying. It sounds like Kevin did.

My job. Hmmm it's different than anything I've ever done. It is really satisfying when you help someone and you know you made their day. Fixed their phone. Whatever it may be. Other 50% sucks. People are rude. People feel entitled. People think of they yell at my agents and get escalated to me that that they will get the pink pony they are asking for. Well it doesn't work that way. We be nice and respectful and I'll help you out.the second you say " well I've always gotten it waived" or "before when I escalated someone took care of it for me" when that happens you don't get anything from me and I will make sure you don't get anything from any else either.

More with honey than vinegar thing.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm ok with that. I think my point was more of a we all do what we can to get buy. Maybe give the guy a break was all I was saying. It sounds like Kevin did.

More with honey than vinegar thing.
Precisely. I really don't like hurting another person's feelings in real life.

Notice I said "in real life." That doesn't apply here. :D

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Precisely. I really don't like hurting another person's feelings in real life.

Notice I said "in real life." That doesn't apply here. :D
I concur. Think that was more my point. We all know enough. Also I feel everyone should do their due diligence. If you are allowing one store reps opinion to make your decision on a phone you aren't going to care about those features to begin with.
Just my 2 cents.