Changes To Your Wireless Account

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just got this email from ATT. Looks as though they are going to a new national billing platform. I have listed the changes outlined in the email. Nothing earth shaking except the one in bold. How can they do this if you are locked in to an agreement, or am I missing something?

You will see some slight differences in how charges are displayed on your invoice.

You will be assigned a new billing account number. It will appear on your first bill after conversion.

You will receive a new payment remittance address (known as a “lockbox”). Your new lockbox address will appear on your first bill after conversion.

Accounts Payable information may need to be updated, particularly if you use an automated purchasing system.

Your Monthly Service Discount which you receive due to a qualified company affiliation will apply to the monthly service charge of the primary wireless number only. It does not apply for add-a-line plans.

If you receive a Monthly Service Discount, it will be applied after all other discounts have been processed.

Some features, discounts and promotions may no longer be available after conversion.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Just got this email from ATT. Looks as though they are going to a new national billing platform. I have listed the changes outlined in the email. Nothing earth shaking except the one in bold. How can they do this if you are locked in to an agreement, or am I missing something?

You will see some slight differences in how charges are displayed on your invoice.

You will be assigned a new billing account number. It will appear on your first bill after conversion.

You will receive a new payment remittance address (known as a “lockbox”). Your new lockbox address will appear on your first bill after conversion.

Accounts Payable information may need to be updated, particularly if you use an automated purchasing system.

Your Monthly Service Discount which you receive due to a qualified company affiliation will apply to the monthly service charge of the primary wireless number only. It does not apply for add-a-line plans.

If you receive a Monthly Service Discount, it will be applied after all other discounts have been processed.

Some features, discounts and promotions may no longer be available after conversion.
I think companies generally have listed in their contracts that they can change the contract at any given time as long as they notify you of the changes. You of course have the right to reject it at that time.