Check this out. OS X Lion Ultimatum iPhone Theme

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You have to pay again on PayPal. I will try to get a refund from my first transaction from SirTimothy.
What? No way! I know it's not much but that is terrible. Have you actually got the theme now? Is the donation link still the same or has it changed?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm trying to get it set up, but it keeps respringing on me when I select the OS Lion from the Dreamboard You will also need to install CleanStatus, and CrazyDashBoard. Donation Link is simply the PayPal button on the OS Lion link at TheThemeOutlet.

I figured I would just email SirTimothy later once things settle down and have him refund me the other $3.50. I will show him both of my PayPal transactions.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm trying to get it set up, but it keeps respringing on me when I select the OS Lion from the Springboard. You will also need to install CleanStatus, and CrazyDashBoard. Donation Link is simply the PayPal button on the OS Lion link at TheThemeOutlet.

I figured I would just email SirTimothy later once things settle down and have him refund me the other $3.50. I will show him both of my PayPal transactions.
PayPal info gets kept on file, which is handy for keeping a paper-trail. I've PM'd you :)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey, I got it to install now. The problem was that I only had 1.88 Gigs left on my iPhone. I deleted some game apps I don't use, and that fixed the problem.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I would say the only drawback for the iPhone is that the menus and screens are very small. If you can look past that it is really awesome. I feel like I have a little Mac in my hand.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Erm, I installed the ThemeOutlets .deb installer and paid for the theme again. I've installed it but can't find it anywhere. This isn't meant to be, clearly.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Erm, I installed the ThemeOutlets .deb installer and paid for the theme again. I've installed it but can't find it anywhere. This isn't meant to be, clearly.
You installed OS X Lion Ultimatum? Did you select the iFile option? It should show up in your DreamBoard. Mine showed up automatically there once it was installed through iFile.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Word of caution. This theme isn't exactly smooth and trouble free. There are little tweaks that need to be done. One of the main problems was that after setting up the theme the way I wanted it would not save my settings when I exited out of this theme. That means I had to go through the theme set up all over again each time. Therefore, you have to download Dreamset.deb file from ModMyi forum, and using SSH and Terminal you have to install it. After using its activation screen it will then save the settings of your theme. Status bar is also problematic and I will have to do some tweaking. One problem is that after I exit out of OS Lion Ultimatum, I can't swipe on the status bar to use SBSettings until I respring. I will need to figure this out. You will need several other Cydia apps that are listed in the instructions.

Not to discourage anyone though. It is still really nice and just takes some time to work on these issues to have everything set up correctly.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Was it worth all this trouble?
Theme looks good thou.
Not something that can be downloaded flawlessly. It does take some work, but it does give the iPhone a feel of being a Mac. It does look very small though, something that one does not notice on YouTube or online pictures.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
So, I followed JW's post and downloaded it as well. the only thing i didn't do was install the Dreamset.deb file. I didn't run into any problems. I used iFile to install it. I also installed Respring, Quicklock 2 and Crazy Dashboard. You are right about it looking really small. The only thing that's really annoying me is I can no longer use my swipe controls on the lockscreen when I'm playing music.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So, I followed JW's post and downloaded it as well. the only thing i didn't do was install the Dreamset.deb file. I didn't run into any problems. I used iFile to install it. I also installed Respring, Quicklock 2 and Crazy Dashboard. You are right about it looking really small. The only thing that's really annoying me is I can no longer use my swipe controls on the lockscreen when I'm playing music.
Amazing. You didn't have a problem with it not saving your settings after you exited Dreamboard? I'm still having issues with the status bar, and my yahoo weather widget in Dash Board won't save. I think we notice the smallness of it because we are use to using OS Lion on our large Mac screens. Congrats, that you got it all installed. It looks good.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Message from SirTimothy today on page one of ModMyi forum:

Everyone who has donated for this theme: I am sorry for how long I am taking to send out the theme. I was not prepared for the kind of response it has received. I am currently a freshman in college so I don't have as much free time as I would like to send out emails to everyone, but I am doing my best. Everyone will receive the theme, unfortunately it will just take longer than you or I anticipated. I hope you can understand.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Amazing. You didn't have a problem with it not saving your settings after you exited Dreamboard? I'm still having issues with the status bar, and my yahoo weather widget in Dash Board won't save. I think we notice the smallness of it because we are use to using OS Lion on our large Mac screens. Congrats, that you got it all installed. It looks good.
I haven't checked to see if my settings will stay. But I did read somewhere that you have to change the file permissions with iFile. Under Ownership. Owner needs to be mobile. That should allow you to save your changes.

Reactions: JWiPhone