Check this out. OS X Lion Ultimatum iPhone Theme

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Cliffeman. I think I have worked out most of my issues, especially with the status bar. I only need to tap on the spotlight icon in the status bar and it will move the bar down allowing me to swipe and use SBSettings.

I still can't get that weather widget to keep its settings in Dash Board.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've finally got this theme installed. I had to use my MBP and Cyberduck to SSH the theme onto the phone. I then had to unarchive the .deb to open the theme on the phone.

I haven't changed any permissions yet, but I know I'll have too sooner or later.

I agree this theme is buggy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This theme looked like it would decrease ease of use, but I didn't want to say anything because you guys were like kids on Christmas morning. :D I would have died for it a year or two ago, but now I just look at themes in terms of functionality and this one is pretty bad. I'm not interested in trying to impress people with my phone anymore, so I didn't even consider it.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This theme looked like it would decrease ease of use, but I didn't want to say anything because you guys were like kids on Christmas morning. :D I would have died for it a year or two ago, but now I just look at themes in terms of functionality and this one is pretty bad. I'm not interested in trying to impress people with my phone anymore, so I didn't even consider it.
You're correct. It's a "showoff" sort of theme, but not anything I'd use daily.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Thanks Cliffeman. I think I have worked out most of my issues, especially with the status bar. I only need to tap on the spotlight icon in the status bar and it will move the bar down allowing me to swipe and use SBSettings.

I still can't get that weather widget to keep its settings in Dash Board.
No problem. I sort of stumbled across that too when I noticed the status bar didn't look right. I was getting annoyed i couldn't get to SBSettings. I somehow tapped the spotlight icon on the top right and the bar moved down.

I agree, this is a showoff theme. Not really something i could use daily. Seeing as I can't use my music controls swipe on the lockscreen.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for not spoiling our fun. :D I will keep it, and I agree it is buggy and doesn't have the 'ease of use' like other themes or the stock. Thankfully, it is on Dreamboard which makes it easy to switch back. For me it wasn't how functional this was, but how well it emulates the Lion OS. I just liked the novelty of it.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've finally got this theme installed. I had to use my MBP and Cyberduck to SSH the theme onto the phone. I then had to unarchive the .deb to open the theme on the phone.

I haven't changed any permissions yet, but I know I'll have too sooner or later.

I agree this theme is buggy.
Hi John, that took some serious dedication to go to all that work. Good job! I like playing around with it, even though the bugs make it less than ideal.

Reactions: iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hi John, that took some serious dedication to go to all that work. Good job! I like playing around with it, even though the bugs make it less than ideal.
I've disabled this theme for the time being. It took about 40 minutes to install and pushed me to the brink of restoring my phone. My phone seems really laggy since I've installed it on my phone, I'm working with Crash Reporter and educated guesses to get rid of this lag.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've disabled this theme for the time being. It took about 40 minutes to install and pushed me to the brink of restoring my phone. My phone seems really laggy since I've installed it on my phone, I'm working with Crash Reporter and educated guesses to get rid of this lag.
Probably best that you do, if you are having that much trouble with it. I noticed that my iPhone would freeze on me a few times and I had to reset. Luckily, I can just use my stock theme most of the time, and when I wish to play with OS Lion I can switch over to it on DB.
I don't really notice a lag. I figure that in a few more weeks we will have iOS 5 and I plan to abandon the jailbreak for this new iOS, that is, until iOS 5 becomes jailbroken.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'd like to see him make an iPad theme. I know I would with the kind of feedback generated from this one.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Probably best that you do, if you are having that much trouble with it. I noticed that my iPhone would freeze on me a few times and I had to reset. Luckily, I can just use my stock theme most of the time, and when I wish to play with OS Lion I can switch over to it on DB.
I don't really notice a lag. I figure that in a few more weeks we will have iOS 5 and I plan to abandon the jailbreak for this new iOS, that is, until iOS 5 becomes jailbroken.
I'm deeply considering updating to iOS 5 anyway, but remaining stock until they releae an untethered jailbreak. I'm even thinking about buying the HTC Sensation... don't hate me. I have needs.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'd like to see him make an iPad theme. I know I would with the kind of feedback generated from this one.
I think it would look more impressive on an iPad. It is just way too small on an iPhone, probably because we are use to using the OS on our computers. However, SirTimothy said he doesn't even own an iPad.

I'm deeply considering updating to iOS 5 anyway, but remaining stock until they releae an untethered jailbreak. I'm even thinking about buying the HTC Sensation... don't hate me. I have needs.
To each their own LOL. It would take a lot to get me to try another phone, although I admit I visited a Microsoft store in my neighborhood and tried out the Windows Mobile Phone. I thought it looked very nice and was very responsive. I didn't really explore it enough to make a final judgment. I'm definitely giving up my jailbreak for the iOS 5.

Reactions: iphonewarrior

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think it would look more impressive on an iPad. It is just way too small on an iPhone, probably because we are use to using the OS on our computers. However, SirTimothy said he doesn't even own an iPad.
Surely he can afford one now. And it's not like it would be a frivolous investment; he'd be able to make th money back easily with a new theme.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Surely he can afford one now. And it's not like it would be a frivolous investment; he'd be able to make th money back easily with a new theme.
He is a freshman in college so he may need the money for other things. I agree though, if he is devoting this much time to themes it would be a great investment. I thought he mentioned on the forum that he didn't even own a Mac.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I would love to see the iPad Dreamboard port of this theme. It would work 10x better on a bigger screen.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think he was being sarcastic since it's a buggy theme that looks like it decreases functionality and makes the phone unstable.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
This looks really nice. I was just about to download this until I read through this thread.