Come on 2011! Verizon may be getting 4G iPhone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They did run a ton of commercials slamming it. Including but not limited to the "iDont" phone. Now they're begging for it.
That's marketing. They all slam each other. I think Verizon has always wanted it. Initially, they didn't want to agree to Apple's terms and then AT&T had exclusivity, so there was nothing they could do but bash it and try to compete.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
What is all this silliness about "deserving" an iPhone or not when talking about the networks? Let's stop the non-sense and stick to the old saying "It's not personal; just businesss". Apple would be smart to spread the iPhone to as many networks as they can. Ultimately that will lead to WORLD DOMINATION LOL

brenan.m

Bronze
Jan 7, 2010
missouri
if verizon gets it thats fine with me as long as they stick with AT&T also because i really don't want to have to switch to verizon to get the iPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I don't think it's speculation anymore. Verizon is getting an iPhone as soon as Apple can deliver the final version of their CDMA iPhone, which is expected to be available around September.
Apple will NOT leave AT&T. That partnership has been a good one, but the exclusivity has run it's course. This is why AT&T have still not announced anything about renewing their contract with Apple. They are just going to let it go quietly. They still get the iPhone, since the GSM version is only going to work on their network.

Nick58dog

Apr 9, 2010
There is two years left on the contract between Apple and At&T. Until then the status quo will remain.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
World Domination is basically the only reason I would hate to see it spread to other carriers. That means everyone in there mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin will have an iPhone.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
World Domination is basically the only reason I would hate to see it spread to other carriers. That means everyone in there mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin will have an iPhone.
By then Apple would be like SkyNet! :dft008:surprised

(Why is it inserting all of that space before my post? Is this a website bug?)

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Until Verizon makes it possible for you to talk and surf AT THE SAME TIME, it would be a waste for ANYONE to try and run to Verizon, because they have the iPhone.. UNLESS all you do is talk, and/or surf, but neither JOINTLY..

If Verizon opens up their network, they too will feel the crunch of the iPhone, just as AT&T's network has... THEN, we'll see who can run "We have the best 3G" commercials..

Verizon currently limits your ability to do both, so of course theirs is going to be better for talking.. their network capacity hasn't been tested, and isn't under the constant strain (because of the iPhone) that AT&T's is under..

I welcome they day they get it, so they too can see how much data we burn up with these things.. LOL

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It's odd we have heard that very same rumor every time there is a new iPhone coming out. Verizon is going to get it. Verizon is going to get it. 2 years in row. Right?

I don't doubt that they will get a iPhone eventually. But I don't see it until Verizon's network changes are complete.
I don't think their network could handle the extra traffic.

RickL

Bronze
Aug 24, 2009
Business is businesss but I don't want to see verizon with the iPhone. They just seem too full of themselves with the driod (which is a nice phone). They are too loud with all there commercials, AT&T backed off and they still run there adds about 3g. Could you imagine the comercials they would put out if they did get it? Lol I personally would like to see the phone pass over verizon and go right to sprint. I think that would be a awsome surprise for verizon and all the fan boys that waited so long. Lol I really don't know what sprints network is capable of but It would be sweet to have the $99.00 unlimited everything plan. The minute plans is where AT&T gets ya.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
As an AT&T user, I can't wait til they get some competition with the iPhone. Not that I haven't been happy with the service, but I could stand for them to drop prices a bit. Fat chance, I know, but it's a better chance than we have now.