Competitors asleep

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I think the ipad is great, I think it is the future.
I also think it is nothing more then a big iPhone.

No one else could have come up with this?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mmmm.. I don't know exactly where you are going with this. There are other tablet pc types out there and with better functionality. This iPad, design function, seems to work perfectly for what it's supposed to do. They could have done so much better though, in my opinion.

Still buying one...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think Apple has enough head start, money-wise, that they can take a risk on this segment. I don't think it will be as successful as the iPhone or the iPod series... it is more of a niche market. Others have done this before, but they didn't have the iPhone's user-friendly OS. It's not a foregone conclusion that the iPad will truly stand out in the market, but it's a pretty safe bet due to Apple's clout.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I will agree that the new Apple iPad they could have done some better things with it but I am pretty sure I will still be buying one especially for the price.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I agree. But many things missing there too. Though the JooJoo seems to be aimed at a better internet experience.

mr.reggaeton72

Zealot
Silver
Jun 12, 2009
what does IMHO mean ?

by the way, the main reason im not buying the ipad, is simple, its the same crap as the iPhone, i was really going to buy it, if it would have like a webcam, a little camera, stuff like that, but no, every single crap that the ipad has, the iPhone does it, so to me, theres no point of buying it, why ?, because im not carrying around 2 products that do exactly the same thing, i don't care if it does it better, i just care if it does, and the ipad, its a duplicate of the iPhone

with my money, im so freaking greedy, but if i see something that is worth it, im buying it for sure, the iPhone 3g 8gig for 99 dollars with a contract, is absolutely worth it, and of course it does what i want, but the tablet, it does nothing more than what the iPhone already does, thats why im not buying it,

i really hope, the next gen iPhone brings more stuff...i really do..

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Apple needs to get over this "flash" thing they have. It's flat out ridiculous at this point. Annoying too!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Flash is a memory hog. Lots of people don't like it. Hopefully websites either stop using it, or Apple and Adobe get this stuff worked out.

Seeing that image does not make for a superior browsing experience.

superbike81

Jan 31, 2010
I agree. But many things missing there too. Though the JooJoo seems to be aimed at a better internet experience.
While the JooJoo may appear better from a functionality view, it's not going to be perfect by any means either. It's going to be running it's own OS, so unless they somehow make it backwards compatible with another OS, people are going to have to develop entirely new apps just for JooJoo owners. So what kind of support will it really have? No one is going to develop an app for a tiny audience. Storage is only supposedly going to be 4GB with a 5hr battery life at an expected price of $500.

I'd say the iPad is sounding MUCH better than the JooJoo.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
Man, now Microsoft looks a long ways away. What is wrong with the competition. It's not that complicated, make a big Android phone, stick in a USB port, stick in Print port stick in a camera and you are done.

We need some competitors.

macpublish

Bronze
Jun 22, 2010
New England, USA
Man, now Microsoft looks a long ways away. What is wrong with the competition. It's not that complicated, make a big Android phone, stick in a USB port, stick in Print port stick in a camera and you are done.

We need some competitors.
Sorry, this is a logic fail. You can't just stick stuff on other stuff to improve things. In fact, that's usually the best way to ruin anything. Have you heard the phrase, "greater than the sum of its parts?" Well, something can be lesser than the sum of its parts.

The iPad is turning out to be every bit as revolutionary as the iPhone. Medical schools, news agencies, and publishers are just of the few rushing to adopt it and change their businesss models. Apple can't make them fast enough to meet demand. If you think such success is easy to replicate, you are very naive (no insult intended, just a dose of reality). And don't worry, you'll get your camera(s). But you will never get flash. Not if you wait 1 million years.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Surely you've heard by now that RIM is entering the Tablet market with their "Blackpad"...?

I'm not kidding. And I thought no one could ever come up with a worse name than iPad. Congrats, RIM!

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Surely you've heard by now that RIM is entering the Tablet market with their "Blackpad"...?

I'm not kidding. And I thought no one could ever come up with a worse name than iPad. Congrats, RIM!
I saw that this morning and had the same thought. They all need a better marketing department although it really hasn't seemed to hurt ipad sales. Maybe they know something we don't?