Curved iPhone 6 Screen Glass Appears In New Photos

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The degree of good looks is what I don't care about. It's not ever gonna look ugly. As far as a curved screen goes, I don't care either way, as long as it retains the same functionality. I've only seen my 5 twice since I got it last August. It's time for another cleaning though. Holding my naked phone will be a "like new" experience. :)

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Fantastic choice regarding the Note 3. yes Samsung adds dumb designs to the software but I've customized it to hell with Xposed. Now it's virtually as I would have wanted it. Nearly perfect.

I'm really excited about Android L and love the changes Google has made. Maybe Samsung won't cap allover that aesthetic.

Only thing I don't like about the Note 3 and most phones actually are the low light images. The Nokia Lumia 925 I got as a spare blows all the other devices out of the water (except other high end Lumias, obviously.) I'm waiting to see such ability on the next generation Androids and the iPhone. Hopefully we'll get it soon enough. The One Plus One is almost there. Let's see what the Note 4 and iPhone 6 have in store.
My daughter had a 925 until she let it do a faceplant getting out of her car one day. I just got her the 1020 because she does not like droids like her boyfriend has nor does she like iPhones that the rest of our family has. Rebellious youngsters LOL.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
That's probably because they have all looked pretty good. Those who say that are probably counting on the fact that it isn't going to look terrible. Do you really think Apple would make an iPhone that looked as bad as a Yugo? If it just looked so so, yeah, we might still use it just because we prefer iOS over Android and are vested in the Apple ecosystem. Again, that doesn't mean we would accept a device that looked really bad. I care about how it looks, but Apple is well known for putting out devices that look great so I'm not worried about it looking Yugo bad. If it did, obviously I wouldn't buy it.
You old enough to remember AMC Pacers? Now those were ugly cars. :)

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
This is a poor attitude and one that I really don't understand, especially from fans of a company that built itself on aesthetic and style.

It also allows a company to become complacent, and that's the last thing you want from a company that takes your money on a yearly or bi-yearly schedule.

I bought a Nokia Lumia 925 real cheap as a backup to my Note 3 and I really like the curved edged glass on that phone. This looks to be the same thing so I like what I'm seeing.
Easy bud. I obviously care what the phone looks like, but using humor because I, along with many many others, are excited about the release of the 6.

These rumors are going to make us all nuts. I can't wait to see what the 6 really looks like. Any rumors on the announcement date?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Easy bud. I obviously care what the phone looks like, but using humor because I, along with many many others, are excited about the release of the 6.

These rumors are going to make us all nuts. I can't wait to see what the 6 really looks like. Any rumors on the announcement date?
All I've read is September. Some of the dummies with the curved glass have looked really good in black. I would approve of such a look. The white version just doesn't look good to me for some reason. But these could all be totally off so who knows.

I'm also hoping Samsung doesn't crap the bed with the Note 4 design. Their typical flagship look has been ugly to me, though the Note 3 (my current device) looks really good. The only Samsung device that looks good to me, really. I don't trust Samsung with aesthetics.

I absolutely love OLED screens though so I can't get myself to go back to Apple even if they made a large device. It would have to be phenomenal.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
All I've read is September. Some of the dummies with the curved glass have looked really good in black. I would approve of such a look. The white version just doesn't look good to me for some reason. But these could all be totally off so who knows.

I'm also hoping Samsung doesn't crap the bed with the Note 4 design. Their typical flagship look has been ugly to me, though the Note 3 (my current device) looks really good. The only Samsung device that looks good to me, really. I don't trust Samsung with aesthetics.

I absolutely love OLED screens though so I can't get myself to go back to Apple even if they made a large device. It would have to be phenomenal.
Not a fan of OLED. I really liked my HTC One's LCD3 display, though. Seemed more natural-looking to me.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Not a fan of OLED. I really liked my HTC One's LCD3 display, though. Seemed more natural-looking to me.
I agree unadjusted Samsung screens are too saturated. The first thing I do is adjust the display mode to "Cinema" which is close to the standard RGB gamut. This way I get accurate colors plus the true blacks of oled.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

I agree that there is pretty much no chance Apple would go with an OLED sceen since they don't work well in bright sunlight.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I agree that there is pretty much no chance Apple would go with an OLED sceen since they don't work well in bright sunlight.
Those days are gone! Thankfully. The Note 3 is very easy to use in bright light. I'll admit with the Note 2 the max brightness still wasn't enough to comfortably use in full sunshine. But they've made incredible gains in brightness with oled display technology.