Custom battery icon

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can create your own png files using a program such as PhotoShop. Are you wanting to change the little battery icon on the status bar or the charging battery when you're docked (or charging)?

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
You can create your own png files using a program such as PhotoShop. Are you wanting to change the little battery icon on the status bar or the charging battery when you're docked (or charging)?
charging battery. i need a vertical hieneken bottle.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok, that's a good start. Are you familiar with WinSCP or SSHing files into the phone? If so, you need to create the PNG files of the bottles (I will see if I can find any already made) and then SSH them into the iPhone.

If not, let me know.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
yeah, i was sshing some nes roms today at work, so its not new to me anymore. pretty easy.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
quick question: do i need to install an entire them in order to just change the battery?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You don't necessarily need a theme. If you are wanting to change the charing battery "permanently" and not be able to change it on the fly, then SSHing the files into the proper folder will be the easiest method. If you want to be able to change the icons freely then making a theme would be the route to take.

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
I was looking to do the same thing. I would like to change the charging image to my own, I have a theme folder via ssh var/stash/themeXXXX/my theme or something to that effect...at work and not looking at my computer...but how do I go about creating the battery charging theme?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
A battery theme consists of 17 images labeled as such:

imagename_1.png
imagename_2.png
imagename_3.png
imagename_4.png

... and so on. Then log into your phone and create a new folder under /Library/Themes/YourThemeName

where YourThemeName can be anything you want.

Within this new folder, you need to create another subfolder called "Bundles". Inside Bundles, you need to create yet another subfolder called "com.apple.springboard". Upload all your battery images to com.apple.springboard.

The easiest way is to install a battery theme via Cydia (I recommend Alienware Battery 1) and view its content structure.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
back again.....can anyone make one for me? i have absolutely no idea how to use PS.

pay a couple of bucks if needed.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Ok, that's a good start. Are you familiar with WinSCP or SSHing files into the phone? If so, you need to create the PNG files of the bottles (I will see if I can find any already made) and then SSH them into the iPhone.

If not, let me know.
Why? Is there something wrong with Jailbreaking with QuickPwn?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not at all. The post is just outdated. QuickPWN and Pwnage Tool are the two common programs to use now.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^+1, back during those posts i don't believe quickpwn was out for windows. now quickpwn works on both mac and windows while pwnagetool still only works on macs