Customize is Now 2.0 Compatible/ Download Link Available

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
i downloaded the file but i have no idea how to put it on my iPhone any help would be appreaciated

I would suggest getting PowerTool from Cydia. You will need it to respring your phone after installing.

1. unzip the Customize 2.1.1 file.
2. SSH to your phone (WinSCP etc)
3. Copy the file to the Applications directory.
4. Right click and goto properties of the Customize folder. Change the permission to 0777.
5. Go into the Customize.app folder and change the permissions on "Customize" and "Customize_" to 0667.

Hard Respring your phone with PowerTool. And You should be good to go. I still haven't gotten around to playing with Customize yet. I don't know what problems you might run into. I used this method to get it installed and working.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
okay so i ahve it installed on my iPhone 3g. version 2.1. now i downloaded a theme from customize and when i hit apply them it says its applied and then notheing. i even did a power cycle. so what is going on here.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
how do i change Customize.app permission through a macbook using cyberduck? i can right click and thats what all the directions are for.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
when you try and set a wallpaper you get the encounted an error tryign to apply. grrr

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
I would suggest getting PowerTool from Cydia. You will need it to respring your phone after installing.

1. unzip the Customize 2.1.1 file.
2. SSH to your phone (WinSCP etc)
3. Copy the file to the Applications directory.
4. Right click and goto properties of the Customize folder. Change the permission to 0777.
5. Go into the Customize.app folder and change the permissions on "Customize" and "Customize_" to 0667.

Hard Respring your phone with PowerTool. And You should be good to go. I still haven't gotten around to playing with Customize yet. I don't know what problems you might run into. I used this method to get it installed and working.
dose this work on a mac?

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
Hey everyone this works great on my iPhone 3g. Ya ya. the strings work good but still the themes are having a problem.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
anyone else not being able to make the themes work? or sounds or anything besides the strings?

Evilzone

Jul 23, 2008
When i Installed it from Cydia, It runs really slow.I can't connect to the theme server it just says "Server unavalible - Customize was unable to access the theme server.Most likley you have a slow internet connection or the theme server is not responding"

Any one else get that?

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
ya im getting that as well but that seems like an error on there part. not on out phones. i still cant get the themes, sounds, or wallpaper to work. only the strings are working

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
ya hopefully. i really hope this works and lets me choose a theme and it work. because i don't see it happening. too many problems.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
ya im being told that until summerboard were out of luck for the home screen image. but i cant even get anything to load other then the strings. weird

Evilzone

Jul 23, 2008
Customize.app is really really slow for me....Is it slow for any one else?

It's so annoying, i've been looking forward to this for ages and now it doesn't work :(

jringo718

Jul 7, 2008
I found this fix on another forum for people whose themes are not being applied properly.

In PUTTY
chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize_

.Do that and see if they stick.